PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Bank

wisewood
11-08-04, 09:14 PM
Well we've had favorite everything now...

come on - who's your favorite bank. Doesnt matter if you bank with them or not, or how many accounts you have with different banks etc.

My favorite bank is Abbey. Because its the only place thats never messed me around. Halifax have been proper c*nts at times.

Mel
11-08-04, 09:26 PM
havent got a fave so far, cause i've had bad experiences with all the ones i'm with, lol..

one's i've had experience with:

capital one (card) are gits, barclaycard arent too bad, but charge high rates..natwest are idiots, nationwide = c*nts..think thats all i've been with..

people i dont bank with, are abbey, like you andy. They have been there with my mum and dad all through their marriage, never had a thing wrong with them (so far, lol)

wisewood
11-08-04, 09:31 PM
Capital One have been alright with me... i asked them for a really low limit card so i can just put petrol on it etc and pay it off every month... they did, and i do. No problems. Reported card lost a few weeks ago and new one arrived after 4 days followed by the pin number a few days later (chip+pin card).

I had my mortgage with abbey for 4 years and apart from them paying me back 4 months money and telling me 3 times i was entitled to it, then waiting till i'd spent it to say i was 4 months in arrears i have had no problems. When i phoned them to kick off about their mistake with the money they just offered to add it onto the end of the mortgage again and not make any notes on my credit file about it. Which was nice of them!!!

I don't like pretentious banks like IF and that other one that uses a black card - they're a bit up their own arse for my liking lol.

Wonder how many people will get excited about this like they did the crisps post lmfao.

?Marty?
11-08-04, 09:32 PM
My local Sperm Bank. They pay me for my self-pleasure.

wisewood
11-08-04, 09:36 PM
I dont like sperm banks - they tell me i can only pleasure myself at set intervals. it takes the joy out of sneaking off for a crafty one in the toilets at work.

Mel
11-08-04, 09:37 PM
lol, i have had bad experiences with capital one, so have my parents. definately WONT be using them in the future..

lol, ya never know. any bank is a fave, especially where they give u money. :wink:

btw, marty, that doesnt count :lol:

Stuart
11-08-04, 09:51 PM
Natwest all the way baby yeah.

never put a foot wrong.

and they gave me ?4.5K just cos i asked for it lol

but my bank manager dosent like my hap hazzard approach to not looking at my balance and declaring that the student loan is a fake debt therefore it dosent effect me lol

Chris
12-08-04, 06:18 AM
I am with HSBC, always have been and got a really good customer service from them (phone, t'internet and phone), the only grumble I have is they keep offering me loans which is so tempting me to go out and buy a 300zx but the voices in my head talk me out of it, but one day I think different voices will speak up louder lol

dan_mk1
12-08-04, 10:42 AM
Do it chris! lol, Nationwide all the way!!!!

Fester
12-08-04, 11:20 AM
Of my selection of credit cards American Express is easily the best. 1% cashback on ALL purchases as well which gets added to your account every 12 months ;)

?3 so far :lol: still, I'm just using it for petrol and usual Amazon purchases.

As far as street |3anks go Halifax although they are crap! Got one of the random mailshots they send out, read it on the bog as you do and noticed the clearing times for cheques have gone up and missed payment charges have also just gone up, same with bounced cheque charges etc. Luckily I don't try and buy things without actually having any money nor use cheques (so last century) so I'm all good. But if you're a bit sketchy with money probably best to go to someone else who doesn't dish out the punishment for wreckless spending antics.

dan_mk1
12-08-04, 11:22 AM
Oh, and the nationwide girls are damn fine in the west wickham branch!

Fester
12-08-04, 11:23 AM
I don't live anywhere near 'West WickHam'

wisewood
12-08-04, 11:45 AM
cheques (so last century)

I agree. I sent off the first cheque from my cheque book the other day to pay something, cant even remember what now and i've had that cheque book for about 3 years.

I couldnt remember how to fill it in when i started writing it out!!!

and now because i cant remember what bill i paid it's getting on my nerves and i COULD just check online banking if i'd done it online, but noooo... cheques just show up as a cheque, and an aount so thats not telling me anything is it 'doh!

Might have been the water rates actually now i think about it lol.

-Bruce-
12-08-04, 11:58 AM
Bank of Scotland!! the one in linlithgow where i stay had a well fit bird working there but she moved!! bitch :(

bruce

Mike.
12-08-04, 12:29 PM
natwest

Alex
12-08-04, 01:20 PM
im with shatwest but i like EGG just becasue of their name. i have had no dealings with them at all though lol

wisewood
12-08-04, 01:25 PM
egg are very good. however they are quite stupid. got approved for a loan and then never received the paperwork to sign for the money lol.

didnt really need it anyway, but bugged me that they just decided to shun me after being very nice on the phone.

Rach
12-08-04, 02:01 PM
i'm with first direct...

always been very good with me

:D

wisewood
12-08-04, 02:39 PM
Pretentious Bank!! :lol:

Alex
12-08-04, 02:44 PM
All my money is selotaped to the back of my outhouse for security reasons

wisewood
12-08-04, 02:48 PM
Alex's house:

1a Pri... :lol:

Stuart
12-08-04, 03:02 PM
ooops i poped over and ove got all alexs money. now im gonna put it in a chest and burry it under an X

do amex do balance transfers?

i like festers bling amex card lol

ps whats cash and cheque??

hendrix
12-08-04, 03:09 PM
im with shatwest and i think theyre reallllllllllly crap but they do give me a nice 1500 quid overdraft :lol:

Riggy
12-08-04, 05:19 PM
im with lloyds tsb and not had any probs with them :D :D

srs1
12-08-04, 05:33 PM
i'm with natwest too, never had a prob with them in over 20 years.
but i do like the post office as my savings are in there, they give stupid amount of intrest.

wisewood
12-08-04, 05:38 PM
savings? what are they??

Fester
12-08-04, 05:48 PM
Camb you can get balance transfers on it - not sure if it's free though. On your wage (which is a fair bit more than they think I earn ;)) they dished out a ?2k credit limit, which is decent enough.

There's nothing better than trying to use it at places you know don't accept it :lol:

"we don't take this here"
"*sigh* well I'll have to use the normal Visa then"

Get in!

wisewood
12-08-04, 05:53 PM
lmfao @ fester with his multiple card snobbery. :lol: :lol:

A 2000 quid limit is about normal.
Its a big enough amount they can make a big wedge from you but not TOOO much that you'll bankrupt yourself right away lol.

Most cards are issued with a 2k limit to start with - unless you have a very good credit rating and they can see you have large balances on other store cards etc in which case they'll give you a big limit to entice you into transferring them all onto their card. Cunning!! very cunning!

epo
12-08-04, 06:28 PM
barcleys for epo
they always give me money when i ask em :lol:

?Marty?
12-08-04, 07:38 PM
I have been sent an Amex Gold CHARGE CARD. No limit as such, each transaction is asessed on it's own seperate merits and approved/declined on the spot.

Egg is owned by Abbey National. ALL internet banks are fronting for one of the big 'highstreet' banks anyway.

The best bank is bullion gold.

Al Wilson
13-08-04, 12:45 AM
declaring that the student loan is a fake debt therefore it dosent effect me lol

lol! Thought that was the general rule of thumb? Its the one I follow so really I am not in minus ?2000. :D

Stuart
13-08-04, 01:07 PM
it was just that the bank manager asked me if i had a student loan, i said "what does that matter, its a fake debt lol

he frowned at me.

i want an AMEX card lol they iz bling