PDA

View Full Version : 1.6gte into 1.2

dave10
11-08-04, 06:23 PM
i've got a 1.6 gte donar car and getting the engine fitted into my my 1.2 nova.Does all the wiring looms need changed and does this mean the dashboard will have to be taken out. also will the fuel pump and lines need changed or will my 1.2 parts be okay?

Chris
12-08-04, 06:26 AM
the engine will go straight in. The isnt much wiring to do, this is a seperate loom to the car and only needs 4 wires wiring up :-
1) Red - Battery +ive terminal
2) Black - Ignition live (can be taken from the black wire that ran to you original coil)
3) Red/Blue - Fuel pump (if it is a 1.2i then you will be able to connect this to your original red/blue wire, just chop it off from the original relay)
4) Green - Tacho

There is also 3 wires, 1 for ECU warning light and 2 for diagnostics, this dont need to be connected to make it run but it is a good idea to have them connected.

The fuel pump will have to be fitted from the GTE and the lines aswell. To wire the pump up if it is a 1.2i and you have connected the wire as I described above then chop the wire going to you intank pump (red/blue) and extend it to your new pump, the pump then gets earthed to the bracket it is mounted on.

Hope that is of some help to you

Snowface
12-08-04, 07:11 PM
is ur 1.2 injection or carb?

If its carb u will need ecu off GTE to use the injection.
easier and better (but more ??'s) to use Twin 40's and not bother with ecu's.

If u got a 1.2i then u will need a better fuel pump and maybe fuel lines aswell.