PDA

View Full Version : Farenheit 9/11

Al Wilson
10-08-04, 07:16 PM
Has anyone seen it? Watched it last week. Fantastic, if a little manipulative but overwhelming to watch. Recommend it to anyone to see at least once, gives a much greater perspective on America and how much literally everything is to do with money, money, money.

Al

?Marty?
10-08-04, 07:19 PM
The perspective is only Michael Moores. A LITTLE manipulative!? lol

Is good tho, as are his other documentaries.

wisewood
10-08-04, 07:21 PM
You have to bear in mind that Michael Moore is the most anti-Bush person in the world and has openly admitted he will do everything within his power to get Bush out of the white house. Not that there is anything wrong with that... but that is bound to play a part in how he has edited this movie/documentary.

I really want to see it. Bowling for Columbine was brilliant, and wasn't nearly as big a story as this one is. I shall be getting it on dvd as soon as my 'backup' friend tells me he has it... though he is a bit slow he always waits for good quality, so works out better in the end.

?Marty?
10-08-04, 07:23 PM
I am off to the cinema to watch i-robot now. In about 10 minutes.

I prefer watching ALL the main films in the cinema to be honest. Even if i had a projection TV, i'd still go there.

Al Wilson
10-08-04, 07:24 PM
Bowling for Colombine was very good, much more personal film than 9/11 in the way its made. Wouldn't mind catching the others he's made before he became famous/notorious.

wisewood
10-08-04, 07:35 PM
I prefer watching ALL the main films in the cinema to be honest.

I used to... just dont seem to fit it in anymore.
One christmas i was bought a 6 month pass to UGC cinemas and i just went and watched everything that came out, even if i wasnt too bothered about it i went anyway and dragged a mate along with me... but just dont have time anymore.

Although the shift i am working at the moment would mean i could get into the cheaper showings at lunch time lol.

epo
10-08-04, 07:42 PM

I prefer watching ALL the main films in the cinema to be honest. Even if i had a projection TV, i'd still go there.

i right wanna see i robot will have to find a dodgy copy from somewhere though

dan_mk1
10-08-04, 08:20 PM
everything is to do with money, money, money.

Money makes the world go round!

Coddy
10-08-04, 08:27 PM
bowling for columbine was very good, ive got a moody copy of it somewhere. i want to see 9/11 but the girlfriend went last week with her mate which leaves me no-one to go see it with (without looking gay or looking like im cheating)

Jim
10-08-04, 10:50 PM

I prefer watching ALL the main films in the cinema to be honest.

Then why the hell are you going to watch 'I, Robot'? :P

Wouldn't mind watching Farenheit 9/11, but im a bum now, so will have to beg, borrow or steal a copy of it from someone :|

Jim

?Marty?
10-08-04, 11:58 PM
i-robot was ACE. Moore is a Fattie. I win!

AnThoNYnOvA
11-08-04, 12:38 AM

i right wanna see i robot will have to find a dodgy copy from somewhere though

?3 and ill send a dvd copy 2 u?

broody
11-08-04, 03:34 AM
i went to see tyhis at the cinema, and its the only film i have been to see and ppl clapped at the end.

it was ok, wouldnt see it again tho.

wisewood
11-08-04, 07:38 PM
its the only film i have been to see and ppl clapped at the end.

there was lots of clapping at the end of LOTR return of the king wehn i saw it - but i think that was just people slapping their legs and arse to get some feeling back in them again.

J4MES
11-08-04, 08:49 PM
really want to see both i robot and f 9/11, definately will go to see both soon....

wisewood
11-08-04, 08:52 PM
J4mes WTF do you keep underliing everthing for?

It's getting on my nerves.

Al Wilson
13-08-04, 12:23 AM
Just seen The Bourne Supremacy. Quite a good film, fantastic car chases and one with the most indestructable taxi cab ever! :D

benji
13-08-04, 12:34 AM
just got back from seeing king arthur. wtf!! i'm sure that's not how the real story went. damn yank's, they fuck around with everything

Al Wilson
13-08-04, 12:40 AM
just got back from seeing king arthur. wtf!! i'm sure that's not how the real story went. damn yank's, they f**k around with everything

I was not impressed either. Waste of 2 hours.

Alex
13-08-04, 12:53 AM
lol its a legend so the real sory didn't go at all!

Davy!!
13-08-04, 02:52 PM
i am not too keen on americans, infact they deserved 9/11 to happen, but then again was it the american governments own orchastration of the whole event? hmmmm

anyway, bin laden saddam, to name a couple of nutters were all paid for by america to wreak havoc on neighbouring countries and russsians etc.... then when they tell the americans to fuck off.....and yer not getting any oil... they attack saying they have weapons of ass destruction....only way they knew they might have them is.....they sold them to them in the first place, that is where a vast majority of terrorists get theri weapons from... the same people who say theya re bad, money money money... how about a long hard wank from a yank...??

Alex
13-08-04, 04:02 PM
weapons of ass destruction
What are these?

epo
13-08-04, 07:07 PM
i am not too keen on americans, infact they deserved 9/11 to happen, but then again was it the american governments own orchastration of the whole event? hmmmm

anyway, bin laden saddam, to name a couple of nutters were all paid for by america to wreak havoc on neighbouring countries and russsians etc.... then when they tell the americans to f**k off.....and yer not getting any oil... they attack saying they have weapons of ass destruction....only way they knew they might have them is.....they sold them to them in the first place, that is where a vast majority of terrorists get theri weapons from... the same people who say theya re bad, money money money... how about a long hard w**k from a yank...??

so in other words alot of inocent people at work deserved to die :roll:

lets put it another way a member of ur family was in a building which was destroyed by terorist
but sod it they probably deserved to die
why dont u engage ur brain before u talk such shit out of u ass

?Marty?
13-08-04, 07:16 PM
Exactly.

http://www.fullclip.co.uk/admin/locked.gif[img]

Al Wilson
16-08-04, 12:12 PM
I am off to the cinema to watch i-robot now.

Saw it last night. Did you notice in the first outside scene where Will Smith walks out of his appartment there were 2 cars parked in the street? One a 'Modified' TT (Audi product placement throughout) and the other was a heavily body kitted Corsa! Hollywood, don't you just love it! :lol:

Stuart
16-08-04, 12:56 PM
saw the bourne supremecy last ntie.

ive not seen the first, and i really didnt think it maters.

the film was an hour too long, it was boring and the car chase was ropey at best lol

and how ironic that it was a lancia that never gave up lol. no way would one get off the forecourt without falling appart hee hee.

i wanna see "the village" oh and for fear of being called a homo i wanna see "wimbeldon" cos a kirsten dunst ;) and b) it looks v funny.

PS davey shut the f*ck up. did all the people that have died/suffered from the IRA in the UK over the past 100 years deserved it? terrorism is a part of our lives, no one deserves it, but we deal with it.

epo
16-08-04, 06:31 PM
saw the bourne supremecy last ntie.

ive not seen the first, and i really didnt think it maters.

the film was an hour too long, it was boring and the car chase was ropey at best lol

and how ironic that it was a lancia that never gave up lol. no way would one get off the forecourt without falling appart hee hee.

i wanna see "the village" oh and for fear of being called a homo i wanna see "wimbeldon" cos a kirsten dunst ;) and b) it looks v funny.

PS davey shut the f*ck up. did all the people that have died/suffered from the IRA in the UK over the past 100 years deserved it? terrorism is a part of our lives, no one deserves it, but we deal with it.

i saw the first one on sky on staurday night as i want to see em both
first one starts off slow but gets well better really enjoyed it and cant wait to see the 2nd one now

?Marty?
16-08-04, 09:24 PM
I'm watching the Village tomorrow.

epo
16-08-04, 09:48 PM
aye that looks good too am surprised its only a 12 tho

Al Wilson
18-08-04, 07:29 PM
I'm watching the Village tomorrow.

What, with binoculars?

lol I'm sceptical as Signs was less than exciting.

epo
18-08-04, 07:34 PM
i thought signs was well good really enjoyed it

Al Wilson
18-08-04, 08:08 PM
I could understand what he was trying to do with the slow build up/suspense but the men in rubber suits ruined it. The Village has got better reviews so I'm looking forward to that.