PDA

View Full Version : M3 style mirrors! Pls Help!

sTuDeNt
10-08-04, 02:23 PM
Right guys!

I just got myself a set of M3 style mirrors I got them from Halfords! Now I also ordered a plate to fit nova!

When i got the mirrors at halfords they said that the plate is already on the mirror and i think that when plate comes it wont fit the mirror cuz its already there. The mirror looks like one main part and the second part attached to it so if it has one plate there how do i remove it?

ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!

sTuDeNt
10-08-04, 02:25 PM
http://images.andale.com/f2/130/127/10841987/1045189447094_mirror_m3style.jpg

The one i have looks like the top one!!!

epo
10-08-04, 06:04 PM
there not on base plates mate
should be fine when they send em to u

sTuDeNt
10-08-04, 08:03 PM
Cheers Epo!

Lets hope they look good! :)

epo
10-08-04, 08:13 PM
i had em on mine i sold them and got me dtm carbon one's as they stuck out too much 4 me and felt they were to dated but thats my peronal feelings ne way :lol:

Adam
10-08-04, 10:29 PM
Should have bought some M3s of ebay mate, ?30 including baseplates. I bet halfords were a lot dearer than that.
I got DTMs for my astra because they are much more pulled in to the car, and so they reduce the cars width by about 4inches each side. Let me get through tighter gaps, and make it easier to reverse out of my drive gates.
I only paid ?25 for my DTMS with baseplates to my astra, but that was second hand.

Halfords will tell you anything to get you to buy something. :evil:

Matt Nova
11-08-04, 12:11 AM
Halfords will tell you anything to get you to buy something. :evil:[/quote]

painfully true unfortunately

i've got m3s and with the base plates take five mins to fit. I was gunna get dtms but was told you can't see out of them very well lol

sTuDeNt
11-08-04, 01:17 PM
Do you guys think i should have a bit of an argument with Halfords about waht they said and make them refund me the difference that i could have paid with someone else!? Just to teach them a lesson! 8) :D

Matt Nova
11-08-04, 06:49 PM
damn right mate i would give em hell :evil:

Adam
11-08-04, 08:07 PM
True about not being able to see.
I can't see nothing out of my passenger mirror, they are crap for that.
Drivers mirror is alright.
Just comes to a bit of a problem when you need to swap lanes left on a dual carriageway or motorway,just have to trust my passenger as you can see great from the passenger seat,LOL.
I would go to halfords about the M3s they are a lot cheaper anywhere else, you pay extra for the privilege of buying them from halfords,LOL.

J4MES
11-08-04, 08:43 PM
m3's i my opinion are a bit sh*t, everybodys had them!!!

sTuDeNt
11-08-04, 09:20 PM
Just a quick one! Does door mirrors on all novas (saloon incl) are the same? Cuz the base plates i got they do not exectly fit! :( Had to modify them a bit! :(

epo
12-08-04, 06:46 PM
^^^^

think so but the base plate arnt the best in the world they over hang a little and look a bit dodgy imo

Mike.
12-08-04, 10:04 PM
i personnally wouldn't have got m3 mirrors there too comman
i got some dtms because i like the look i personnally think they suit the nova better, thats only my opinion though mate