PDA

View Full Version : Freebie engine! (well nearly)

Anonymous
23-09-01, 11:25 PM
Someone please help me...

Having recently removed the engine from my GSi I need to urgently get rid of it before the end of next weekend.

It has all the stuff apart from maybe the odd screws or bits missing. It includes the full injection system (no pump or tank tho), exhaust manifold, alternator, starter and clutch. However, there is no water pump and oil pressure sender and the distributor is knackered (connector plug ripped out and leaks oil) and i know for a fact that the coolant temp sensor needs replacing (ecu fault light all the time starting from cold before it came out).

If someone wants to do the honours and take this stuff from my hands (the whole thing - not selected parts lol) and fancies collecting it from Essex then please be my guest. Cash to cover a few beers would be appreciated, but donations are at the collectors discretion lol.

Lastly, the engine had 114,000 on the clock at time of removal but trust me when i say that i have never driven a GTE/GSi that run as well as this (two women owners previously) and it defies it mileage.

So someone please save the GSi :)

Anonymous
24-09-01, 10:27 AM
Whoops! Wrong forum - sorry woz half asleep late nite :O

I'd also better say that the engine will need a new head gasket as it has been split apart. Also, if you do want it i'd hurry up because it is outside and it will rust :(