PDA

View Full Version : INSURANCE

Anonymous
19-09-01, 05:11 PM
well insurance wot to declare and wot not too. id like downgarded names for the stuff as well pls. oh yeah and before you all start i looked thru archives and couldnt find posts with the info i want.

my sr has gte skirts, Astra Gsi vents, carbon door pillar covers, magnex exhaust, spax suspension, clear headlights, blue side repeaters, MOMO wheel sparco pedals and 6*9 speakers with cheap shitty aftermarket tape player. the car needs a new engine as well and a 14carbed engine from an mk2 astra is going in. so wot mods do i declare and wot not???

i will be 18 when insurance needs renewed(start of next month) and will have 1 yrs NCB and pass plus but i aint declared mods b4 cos i had provisional licence for ages.

wot u think i gotta pay TPFT, i got quoted ?690 for standard 13sr but engines fucked so will i have to pay ????????????????? for all above parts?????

if youve read all this cheers and pls reply with advice

Dave

Anonymous
19-09-01, 05:14 PM
erm clear indicators lol and downgraded names i meant.

Anonymous
19-09-01, 05:21 PM
you need not need to declare intrior mods

all you need to declare is zorst , suspension , skirts ,

***********The Novaload Member Formally known As Nova91***********

Anonymous
19-09-01, 05:25 PM
oh forgot to say its got vauxhall 3 spoke alloys but didnt srs come with them neway???

Anonymous
19-09-01, 07:53 PM
factory option... but as far as u knew they were std :D

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
19-09-01, 09:04 PM
you need to declare everything.

Anonymous
19-09-01, 10:09 PM
damn looks like insurance gonna be more than the cars worth!!! :( dont know if ill bother with modded nova

Anonymous
20-09-01, 12:12 AM
why bother with a nova. the insurance on them is quite big. im not getting at novas but its true. Novas are fairly high insurance groups.

For example my 1.2 Antibes was i think a group 4
1.4 SR is summit like a group 7

my 1.6 pug is 5! :O

This is my foo...

Anonymous
20-09-01, 08:50 AM
1.2 is 3/4
1.3sr is 4

power to weight ratio of the pug will be shit

Anonymous
20-09-01, 08:54 AM
Davo, My 1.4Sr Nova is group 5 insurance, it could even possibly be group 4. So NO they are not big on insurance unless your 17 with a list of mods as long as you're arm.

I declared my bodykit, alloys, suspension and a few other bits and bobs to my insurance company and they quoted me ?400 Fully comp. I'm 24 with 4 years NCB which helps ;), but when I first got insured on the Nova it was only about ?730. It varies on the insurance company as to what you pay. You have to phone alot of insurance companys if you want a good deal. A handy tip is to try and bounce quotes of each insurance company, they want your money as much as you want to get insured, give it a try, you might be surprised. Like Ste said, 3 spokes are standard from factory, I don't think you need to worry about the indicators. Is the suspension lowered or is it just made by spax? If it's lowered declare it. The exhaust will have to be declared. Dont bother with the interior mods.

Hope this helps, Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
20-09-01, 09:20 AM
soz :'>

i know that novas are quicker compared to teh pug. But i do think that novas are quite high for insurance.

Fuck wheres my wallet? ian?

Anonymous
20-09-01, 09:53 AM
seriously mate, bite the bullet and declare everything. It is a price you have to pay for having a modded car!!!!! and it is also a lot less hassle if you have to claim!

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Anonymous
20-09-01, 10:48 AM
if its CIS they send somebody round to have a look at your car and tell u waht u need to declare and what u need not declare. And if you do get into rouble and u need to make a claim, its the guys fault for not declaring the stuff, so u will get all your money :)

Fuck wheres my wallet? ian?

Anonymous
20-09-01, 04:30 PM
A tip for u guys is try Endsleigh if your car is standardish say you are a student and they give you quiet a bit of money off, coz they are part owned by the NUS. They were the best quote I got, 22, 9 points, 1 years ncb for a GTE with 15" alloys and exhaust, ?1016 which is at least ?300 cheaper than anyone else.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
20-09-01, 05:11 PM
go to CIS there free for body mods.I was told by there broker...as long as it don't affect performance we don't ned to be told about it.As for the engine mod it could be bad as they don't tend to like engo=ine mods and young age!!

stop.............................................. ....................................Carry on!!

Anonymous
20-09-01, 07:38 PM
Davo, the bloke from CIS wont come and look at ur car if u go to 1 of the office and buy the insurance like i did, still told em i had alloys etc etc and they didnt care, as long as its not engine ur safe!

Newsflash from dineyland states that snow white as been sacked as she keeps sitting on pinocchios face shouting "lie u little bastard LIE!"

Anonymous
20-09-01, 07:43 PM
i dunno, the weight of a pug cant be much coz they are made of tinfoil!! so power to weight might be ok lol

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
21-09-01, 10:24 AM
ring cis they do not care about points on ur license or modds as long as they r not 2 ur engine 1.3 sr gsi kit resprayed alloys zorst ice no ncb and 3 points at 17 = ?1200

THAT WALL HURT !!

Anonymous
21-09-01, 11:56 AM
pug 306 1.6 85bhp/ton grp 5
vaux nova 13sr 91bhp/ton grp 3 :D
pug 106 1.6 rallye 128bhp/ton grp 13
vaux nova gte 118bhp/ton grp 11 :D

Anonymous
21-09-01, 11:57 AM
looks like the 306 is at the back!!

Anonymous
21-09-01, 12:14 PM
lol.
novas are expensive for insurance really?:-/
?550 fully comp protected? :D
agreed value of ?8000, NO LIMIT on power!B-)
thats right as long as i keep value at 8k, i can have 300bhp!! :D
and that is ungaraged on a merseyside postcode
oops! where's your argument gone now davo? :p
plus its a LOT more fun than a shopping model peugeot!

Anonymous
22-09-01, 01:29 AM
1.3SR's are grp 5 not 3 :)

Anyway endsleigh are cheap but look @ the excess compared to CIS.. ;)

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D

Anonymous
22-09-01, 06:07 PM
I found Endsley to not be very good price wise when I was a student (up to last year). Performance Direct were by far cheaper.
All mods declared, it's ?320 TPTF. Over ?500 was Endsley's quote! My mate was not even quoted for his XR3i....Endsley simply wouldn't insure him, and that was at 22 and a student, no NCD and *cough*6*cough* points.

BTW the 3 spoke alloys were NEVER standard on the SR's or on the SRi's either. Maybe the last few had 'em fitted as standard, but certainly not up to 92. GTE's didn't have them standard either, even right up to the last H-plates. GSi's did though.