PDA

View Full Version : gsi bumpers

newboy2thenova
09-08-04, 06:10 PM
wots the diffrence between standard and gsi bumpers sizes shape etc?? any help would be gr8..

epo
09-08-04, 07:19 PM
gsi bumpers are 10-15mm lower than standard and are painted with a smooth texture

newboy2thenova
09-08-04, 07:22 PM
how easy is it 2 re-paint the bumpers in my cars colour

epo
09-08-04, 07:23 PM
pass

i recon uve gotta smooth them down but havin never done it am not 100%

Nick
09-08-04, 08:00 PM
the easiest way to do it yourself is to go to halfrods and buy the bumper/plastic spraying kit, it should consist of about 5 steps (each one has a different solvent or spray for cleaning,preping,priming,spraying,laquering- or similar)

I've seen some pretty average people getting good results from this, however you'l have a funny slightly uneven bobbly texture when spraying stanard bumpers

To smooth them you have to use some high build primer and keep on spraying on, sanding down, spraying on, sanding down untill you get a smooth texture.

TO achieve a good look from standard bumper just back to black them and put a laguna splitter on the front, that's wat i done to mine untill i respray and valver it and it looks pretty decent.

But be warned, using silicon "back to black" sprays or cream will make it pretty hard to spray your bumpers as they make it an arse for the paint to stick as u can't get a decent key

newboy2thenova
09-08-04, 09:21 PM
seems like a lot of work just for sum second-hand bumpers mite just do somert with my standard bumpers

Adam
10-08-04, 12:11 AM
Just black GSI bumpers to get a nice shine, then when you want to paint them just use some meths and it gets the silicone straight off.