PDA

View Full Version : Need help

xX NoVaBoY Xx
09-08-04, 01:01 AM
Well tonight i got pulled by the traffic police and he said my clear rears are illegal because they are supposed to have red reflectors on instead of the white ones so other cars can see your car when its parked up?, just wondering if anyone else has been pulled for this? i have had them on for a year with no hassle but this one "officer" said i can get 3 points and ?60 fine if i dont put standard ones back on just wondering how to tackle it is there red reflectors you can buy to insert in them?? sorry if wrong forum but hes only giving me till tomorrow so kind of urgent any help appreciated.

elsey197
09-08-04, 01:05 AM
I was in a petrol station and got told this by a cop once, said the same thing, but then i thought why wouldn't a car see it parked up? they reflect white still, just like the front of a car so what diff does it make?

Al Wilson
09-08-04, 01:09 AM
Was pulled up on this when given my 3 points for a loose battery. Not sure what the fine etc is but it wouldn't suprise me if they can somehow sting you for ?60 and 3 points. you can but the red reflectors in most car part suppliers etc but finding ones that look good is the next problem.

I changed my clears for tinted but even they still require the reflectors. I've yet to put them on though.......

elsey197
09-08-04, 01:10 AM
I was gonna tint the top of mine red like this but sold the car before i did it in the end. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pelsey197/red.jpg

xX NoVaBoY Xx
09-08-04, 01:11 PM
thx guys ill look into what i can do ill put standard ones on for now to keep him happy ,by way i love that white nova one of my favourite novas.

srs1
09-08-04, 01:15 PM
has your car been mot'd since you have had them on?
i would try and go and ask at a garage that do mot's and seek advice off them. see what they say. cops aint always right, just wanna stop you to see if they can pull you up on something else

Ben
09-08-04, 01:49 PM
Al

How the hell did you get three points for an insecure battery? did they not give you a VDR?

Mel
09-08-04, 08:41 PM
I've heard this has happened to a few people..

Is there any way you can buy a rear reflector sticky thingy, and attach that to the bumper, or anything along them lines? Its not the best looking, but it'll prolly stop the cops pulling you over for not having one..

epo
09-08-04, 08:45 PM
you'll be able to buy the reflectors from push bike shops

also ive had mine on for 3 years and never had a prob same with mot
mine are the non e marked non red reflecter thing's

it was me dad who thought id get done for em (mind u he said the same about me exhaust)

Chris
10-08-04, 06:52 AM
Epo has said the technique that i used. I got pulled for this and got 7 days to rectify and produce documents. I got some pushbike ones and fixed them with double sided sticky tape, did the producing and got pulled again (by same cop), he checked them and ripped the car to pieces to find faults but couldnt find anything so let me go, since then I have removed them and only attach em for MOT.

Chris

Al Wilson
10-08-04, 11:47 AM
Al

How the hell did you get three points for an insecure battery? did they not give you a VDR?

Was pulled originally for no rear numerplate (while at work it had fallen off the back windscreen). They were basically bored on Sunday afternoon and decided to 'do me for that' as they called it. Theres a post 2 months or so ago that explains what cnuts they were.

Al

Philsutton
10-08-04, 05:07 PM
i get the same with my tinted ones, fact is though mine has gone through about 3 mots since i did them no trouble so they are staying on mine, couldnt give a f**k about the police.

smitty5door
12-08-04, 12:17 PM
iff you're car passed its MOT with em on i can't see why the cops can pull u