PDA

View Full Version : E-bay subs box!

General Baxter
08-08-04, 10:16 PM
does anybody remeber that web address that the bloke who builds sub boxes to any shape, he had a left and a right one (goes over the arches in the boot) on e-bay a few months back

or could you recomend anybody?

General Baxter
08-08-04, 10:47 PM
found them

http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/productpage.cfm?store=AutoAcoustics2&productid=SB%2DVN833

but at ?256.94 for the pair its a bit much

epo
09-08-04, 06:48 PM
speak nicely to some 1 on here who can make em
there just stealth boxes mate

General Baxter
09-08-04, 06:51 PM
speak nicely to some 1 on here who can make em
there just stealth boxes mate

and who that that be ;)

epo
09-08-04, 06:55 PM
not me mate i can make square boxes thats about it and they arnt that good ne hows

i know scott parkers a joiner u cud pm him and ask him other wise just put it in wanted section
or go to a few joiners shops or shop fitters and ask them if they wanna make a bit on the side most of em will do it

General Baxter
09-08-04, 06:57 PM
was thinking of doing it myself, just buy a normal box and take the back off! and fill it with 'wadding'

epo
09-08-04, 07:02 PM
i thought it needed cutting to fit round the wheel arch

General Baxter
09-08-04, 07:33 PM
bodge :D

J4MES
09-08-04, 10:21 PM
just take the back off and trim it to the arches shape, voila....

Coddy
09-08-04, 10:57 PM
i got to thinking about this when i read it first time and came up with this ''soloution'':

read the spare wheel well sub inclosure guide on vaux nova.
The first step is the same as on there, get a big bin bag or thin plastic sheet and a fibreglass kit.

Lay the bag out over the arch and set about fibreglassing it. just a thin layer or 3 shoudl do i think.

Let it all dry sufficiently and then remove what is now a fibreglass mould.

Get your wood sorted out and then using the mould, draw a line of the arch on the wood and cut out using a jigsaw.

In theory it should end up an exact, if not very close fit on the arch. Im gonna start trying this on friday-ish, ill try get some pics and let you all know if it works or if its just a great dream.