PDA

View Full Version : donnington today, again.

benji
08-08-04, 08:47 PM
just go back from donington. it was a sessioned track day.(not open pit like last time) some ace car's there, including 2 new porsche gt3's and a couple of old shape 911's. one of which i got a passenger ride in :D my fave car of all time.

the nova impressed me yet again, i had load's of people coming over to ask what engine was in it, to which i replied, "a 1.4" 8)
when on track i was very impressed by the new shape honda integra type-r's, shame i can't say the same about the half dozen civic's that were there. there was only 1 that was quicker than me round the twisties, the rest held me up only to clear off on the straight :evil:

there was a astra gte there which was totally stripped out, i was quicker than him round the track which surprised me. we came out the esses side buy side and up to 70-80 there was nothing in it after that he pulled away quite a bit. but i was quicker round the slower sections.

i had a M3 chase me for 5 lap's before he came past down the main straight, and it was a csl (or whatever they call the stripped version). his passenger told him i had a 1.4 which didn't amuse him. :D
i let my mate drive for the last session, and all was going well untill i told him to take a different line through redgate and he lost it, and came with-in inches of a radical, if it wasn't for the radical's awsome acceleration we would have nailed him.

the car ran well all day the only problem's being the tyre's (again) and i think the new cam is too much for the hydralic lifters. either that or the oil is getting too hot. the cam made load's of difference, allowing me to hold 3rd gear for longer through through mcleans and into coppice without changing.

all in all a very good day. the weather was red hot and there was not too many idiots about.

again i have ashopping list,

coilovers and tyres. i think that's all i need for now to make the car quite a lot quicker.

i only got a couple of pic, but i will post them up later.

srs1
08-08-04, 08:53 PM
nice one benji, yet again you sound like you are loving donington circuit

J4MES
08-08-04, 09:01 PM
nice one, it sounds like you had great fun especially against the csl!! = thats what its all about...

-Bruce-
08-08-04, 09:05 PM
sounds like a dam fine day again ben. the car must have been going well if you were keeping with a m3 and the GTE!! and your good driving probably helped also. good stuff 8)

bruce

benji
08-08-04, 09:25 PM
cheer's lad's today's made me realise i don't need a flash car. i'm happy with my nova. as for keeping up with a m3, it was more like holding him at bay. he couldn't keep with me through the slow bend's and by the time he caught me i was already on the line for the next bend. this went on for around 4/5 laps with him gradually getting closer until i waved him past, he went by and gave me a thumb's up. then i couldn't get near him. he opened up a gap on every straight.

-Bruce-
08-08-04, 09:30 PM
how guted would he have been when you waved him past!! briliant ben you must have been so chuffed!!

bruce

J4MES
08-08-04, 09:31 PM
m3 csl's are great track day cars, that cost a massive amount, and you fought with him in a humble nova, thats brilliant!! :lol: :lol:

srs1
08-08-04, 09:31 PM
its got to be funny when you compare what he has paid for his car as to what you have paid for yours.

krobinson
08-08-04, 09:52 PM
Fantastic mate, love to hear story's like this!

Makes me look forward to getting mine back out on the road with the tune'd 1.3, should scare a few people :D

Keith

dan_mk1
08-08-04, 10:25 PM
Coolio mate!
also add to shopping list:
Didgi camcorder
Mount for above!

Pinky100
08-08-04, 10:49 PM
Nice one bud, I've just found this site and think it's going to be useful :D ,I have a Nova that I race in the Deemon Tweeks Stock Hatch series, only had it for three months or so and have done 4 races including Doni but I have alot to learn about the car!

just go back from donington. it was a sessioned track day.(not open pit like last time) some ace car's there, including 2 new porsche gt3's and a couple of old shape 911's. one of which i got a passenger ride in :D my fave car of all time.

the nova impressed me yet again, i had load's of people coming over to ask what engine was in it, to which i replied, "a 1.4" 8)
when on track i was very impressed by the new shape honda integra type-r's, shame i can't say the same about the half dozen civic's that were there. there was only 1 that was quicker than me round the twisties, the rest held me up only to clear off on the straight :evil:

there was a astra gte there which was totally stripped out, i was quicker than him round the track which surprised me. we came out the esses side buy side and up to 70-80 there was nothing in it after that he pulled away quite a bit. but i was quicker round the slower sections.

i had a M3 chase me for 5 lap's before he came past down the main straight, and it was a csl (or whatever they call the stripped version). his passenger told him i had a 1.4 which didn't amuse him. :D
i let my mate drive for the last session, and all was going well untill i told him to take a different line through redgate and he lost it, and came with-in inches of a radical, if it wasn't for the radical's awsome acceleration we would have nailed him.

the car ran well all day the only problem's being the tyre's (again) and i think the new cam is too much for the hydralic lifters. either that or the oil is getting too hot. the cam made load's of difference, allowing me to hold 3rd gear for longer through through mcleans and into coppice without changing.

all in all a very good day. the weather was red hot and there was not too many idiots about.

again i have ashopping list,

coilovers and tyres. i think that's all i need for now to make the car quite a lot quicker.

i only got a couple of pic, but i will post them up later.

Riggy
08-08-04, 10:58 PM
nice one ben sounds like another good day :D :D

Nath
09-08-04, 09:25 AM
nice 1 m8 get some pics up!

Mike.
09-08-04, 12:03 PM
nice one mate sounds like you had a great time
keeping with a csl thats great

epo
09-08-04, 07:19 PM
nice 1 sounds like ur becoming a proper donnigton resident :wink:

Snowface
09-08-04, 09:42 PM
good job benji. Sounds like ur making the most out of your car, great. Keep up the good work for the small block boys. :)

benji
10-08-04, 10:56 PM
here's the pic's. not as many as last time.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/doninnton_8.htm