PDA

View Full Version : rear arches

dave10
08-08-04, 11:52 AM
i read in some other posts that to make the rear arches on a mk 2 nova wider u can wrap a plank of wood up in a towel and fold it over by hammering it. I was wondering if anyone had tried this and how well did it work?

m.d.
08-08-04, 02:06 PM
i would not roll arches to be honnest as it causes a channel which the water collects in and will rot the arches out in no time. take an angle grinder or a pair of tin snips to the arches inner lip. makes more space too. just make sure you treat them really well

Adam
08-08-04, 04:21 PM
i would not roll arches to be honnest as it causes a channel which the water collects in and will rot the arches out in no time. take an angle grinder or a pair of tin snips to the arches inner lip. makes more space too. just make sure you treat them really well

The above^ is what most people do, if possible try and avoid grinding your arches because you are just gonna attract rust. If you do it make sure that any bare metal is treated to prevent rust.

m.d.
08-08-04, 05:33 PM
yeah if you can get a pair of tin snips in there its a better idea as grinding creates a lot of heat which accelerates the forming of rust. (look at your discs after a few hours of rain :o )