PDA

View Full Version : Its been an expensive 2 weeks!

TWAG
07-08-04, 12:08 AM
Well after having my loan money sat there for a couple of weeks i had to start parting with it :lol:

got my self an Alpine motorised tv headunit, and a ps2. 8)

Then i managed to get a nail through my back tyre, so i had to get a pair of new ones.

I decided to finally sort my camber and tracking out, so i brought a pair of camber adjusting bolts from demon tweeks, and my dads going to set it all up and his work tomorrow.

Also im off up to pod tomorrow and sunday so im going to be rinsing some cash up the strip! Need to get my 1/4 mile time down!

J4MES
07-08-04, 12:10 AM
nice one mate, what else have you got planned??

TWAG
07-08-04, 12:12 AM
Next thing is to get my vents cut in to the bonnet, notsure after that. Ive just started a new job so im holding fire at the mo.

novahead
07-08-04, 12:17 AM
haha nice one m8, u got one nail? y to new back tyres

Adam
07-08-04, 12:20 AM
haha nice one m8, u got one nail? y to new back tyres

I think its cus you swap both tyres so they are the same tread and both wear at similar rates for handling etc.

TWAG
07-08-04, 12:22 AM
I had just brought some new yoko's for the front, so i thought id might as well by to yoko's for the back to keep them all the same.

And i managed to get them both for ?90! 195/45 16

J4MES
07-08-04, 12:24 AM
?90 no way that s so cheap!!!

TWAG
07-08-04, 12:29 AM
Yep, like they say its not what you know, but who you now.

Heres a pic of the tv, ill try get some more up.
http://tinypic.com/1ho1w

Mike.
07-08-04, 12:31 AM
the tv looks pretty good mate whats next for you're car

J4MES
07-08-04, 12:31 AM
that sayings always true, its all about networking!! :lol: :lol:

the tv looks really good, how much was that...

TWAG
07-08-04, 12:36 AM
I got it second had for ?410 including a 6 disc changer!

Heres a pic of my latest bit of work, ive striped the back out know. Its all finished now but this is the only pic i have of it at the mo.

http://tinypic.com/1ho5u

J4MES
07-08-04, 12:39 AM
looks good mate, are you going to cover the sub???

Adam
07-08-04, 12:47 AM
Your car is looking mint twag, love the TV.
When your tyre got a nail in it did it give it a slow puncture or did it just burst it straight away.
One of my alloys has a slow puncture due to a nail but it has loads of tread left and so i don't wanna buy a new one, its a Pirelli Pzero 195/45/16. Does anyone know how much it is to fix a puncture.

TWAG
07-08-04, 01:00 AM
Yeah im going to cover the sub box with vinyl, i have mage it so i can remove it in seconds so if im going somewhere rough i can take it out.

My tyre went down over night, you can have it repaired as long as the nail is not within a inch of the sidewall, which mine was. It cost about ?10 to repair at my local tyre place.

Adam
07-08-04, 01:02 AM
Yeah im going to cover the sub box with vinyl, i have mage it so i can remove it in seconds so if im going somewhere rough i can take it out.

My tyre went down over night, you can have it repaired as long as the nail is not within a inch of the sidewall, which mine was. It cost about ?10 to repair at my local tyre place.

I think it is about 1inch so may be able to get it repaired, fingers crossed. Don't fancy paying ?50 for a tyre that i don't really need.
Mine stays up for about 4days.
Is it safe to drive with a nail in the tyre, or could it blow at any time.

TWAG
07-08-04, 01:10 AM
I wouldnt like to say mate, personly i would get it sorted asap. better safe than sorry.

Col_Mk1
07-08-04, 02:06 AM
nice car bud i luv the tv proper necta