PDA

View Full Version : Changing a door? plz help

raver
06-08-04, 05:07 PM
ive just got hold of a drivers door in MINT condition, all its needs is spraying and fitting.
the question is how the hell are you ment to get the pins out of the doors to change them???
cheers

Alex
06-08-04, 05:55 PM
door pin removal tool and big hammer.

Or pliers and big hammer.

WD40 is recommended as well

day
06-08-04, 06:39 PM
ive also seen on this forum recently th@ the thing that holds the bonet up is the perfect size diameter. once cut in half smack it with a hammer. if only i knew this before, it took me ages the other week.

epo
06-08-04, 07:55 PM
ive also seen on this forum recently th@ the thing that holds the bonet up is the perfect size diameter. once cut in half smack it with a hammer. if only i knew this before, it took me ages the other week.

yeah thats what me mate hendix used

srs1
06-08-04, 09:03 PM
i used the exact same thing too. it works spot on.
just make sure you lubricate it. its a right pain to get your rod out of a rusty hole

raver
06-08-04, 10:17 PM
Ok cheers, will pop down the scrap yard and grab one of them 2moro i think.

geordie_racer
07-08-04, 02:34 PM
if you've got an angle grinder grind off the old joints on the old door then the pins will just about drop out as they don't have the weight of the door on them works everytime

chris

day
07-08-04, 03:24 PM
its a right paint to get your rod out of a rusty hole lol :lol:

Al Wilson
07-08-04, 05:46 PM

Has helped me through three door removals! :D