PDA

View Full Version : Speakers in the top of the Mk2 dash?

Ojc
06-08-04, 03:12 PM
How in the name of god do you get to them? And what size are they?

I have a stripped out interior and don't fancy the idea of putting holes in my door cards just to have some ghey speakers in them so having them in the dash is quite convenient.

novaboy1981
06-08-04, 03:54 PM
bit of a pain in the arse mate....the official line is that u have 2 remove the air vents below them, then reach in and twist them out. u certainly have 2 do that with the drivers side 1, but its easier 2 get the passenger 1 out by removing the glovebox and reaching in.
getting them back in is even worse as u have 2 get them in exactly the right place b4 twisting them back in.
i dont know whether aftermarket speakers would fit either, firstly as theyre only 3in and secondly whether they would come with the twist fitting!

MC
06-08-04, 04:01 PM
I had 4inch infinity 2 way speakers in there. Just used self tappers. Had to do some fettling though.

MC

Ojc
06-08-04, 04:14 PM
Another job on top of the rest before Trax.

Ojc
06-08-04, 04:15 PM
Fingers crossed the standard ones still work.

newboy2thenova
06-08-04, 05:51 PM
hi ..iv got sony speakers in the top of the dash if u remove the air vents (air vents can be a tight fit 2 get bck in) the sony 1's are made 2 fit buy em from halfords there real good quality and the just fit threw the air vent hole ..only problem iv had is the air pipe keeps nocking the wires of bck of the speakers doh!!!

Ojc
06-08-04, 08:14 PM
What is the product number or the speaker details?

Let me know.

epo
06-08-04, 09:30 PM
the speaker size is 10cm am sure u can get after market ones from halfords i put my tweeters in the space where they go

k3rl u
06-08-04, 11:38 PM
i just ripped mine out ohhh and the dashboard aswell maybe thats y it was easy for me

no really they are difficunt to get out like was going to take them out properly but then give up and took them out with the dash