PDA

View Full Version : some1 fit my digi dash into my nova! based in kent will pay

sunny
06-08-04, 02:00 PM
as above i need one fitted asap! so pm me or let me know on here! thanks kent based!

Alex
06-08-04, 02:03 PM
its only a few wires. do it youself, it isn't hard even for a novice

sunny
06-08-04, 02:10 PM
wheres the spped sensor in the engine bay? dont say near the gearbox cos i dont know where that is either!

Alex
06-08-04, 02:15 PM
right hand side of engine bay
it looks like this
http://www.vauxnova.co.uk/digidash/sender1.jpg

look on www.vauxnova.co.uk and there is a complete guide on how to do it

also a haynes nova manual (book of lies) may help you.

Chris
06-08-04, 02:15 PM
drive to sunny yarkshire and I will fit it for you matey

sunny
06-08-04, 02:23 PM
take into account i know nothing about engines so with a bit more detail can ya tel me where the speed sensor is? thnaks guys

Alex
06-08-04, 02:32 PM
right hand side of the engine bay you will probably see a round plastic distributer cap which will have 5 leads going to it. it will look a bit like this
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/images/ignition/914_distributor_cap.JPG

go underneith that and back a bit and you will see the clutch cable that is linked onto the gearbox. Follow this back a little way and it will go near to the speed sensor. There are no other sensors nearby on the gearbox.

sunny
06-08-04, 02:36 PM
what about the oil sensor wheres that?

Alex
06-08-04, 02:39 PM
bottom left hand side of the engine block at the back. You dont have to do anything with the actual sensor to put a digital dash in, all you need to do it connect the dash up to the wire coming from it. This wire will already be connected to your current dashboard and so you just have to use this.

General Baxter
06-08-04, 02:41 PM
dont say near the gearbox cos i dont know where that is either!

mate dont do anything ;)

i would pay someone to do it, or spend a few hours reading the link given above

but we do all have to start somewhere, but i new where and what a gearbox was when i was about 5

Alex
06-08-04, 02:43 PM
i didn't. I would recommend a haynes manual and the guide and you should be ok at doing it yourself. You can always post questions on here (in the tech forum).

Buy a haynes manual before you attempt to do this yourself though

Chris
06-08-04, 02:52 PM
Buy a haynes manual before you attempt to do this yourself though

Either that or try some manners and more people might be willing to help IMO, it doesnt take long to type a please out you know

Alex
06-08-04, 02:58 PM
he did put a thanks guys in one post

sunny
06-08-04, 03:01 PM
sorry i didnt mean to come across rude my apoligees please if u could help id appreciate it like i said im sorry if i offended any of you guys

Chris
06-08-04, 03:12 PM
no offence taken. I just think that if you use a few manners then people will spend time trying to help you

Chris

sunny
06-08-04, 03:23 PM
ok cheers i honestly didnt mean to sound rude! cheers

epo
06-08-04, 07:47 PM
i can highly recomend chris 16v he did mine and a mighty fine job he did too :wink:

sunny
07-08-04, 08:14 AM
im down south remember mate thanks anyway dude!