PDA

View Full Version : relocatin the stereo,, front window blower pipe question !!

te17@novasgonemad
05-08-04, 08:10 PM
hi lads,
i'm tryin to move my head unit from the normal location to the heater vents on a mk2 dash. I know the wiring and the ice stuff but behind the bit of dash i want to use as the mount is the heater blower for the front window so i can not obviously cut this out of the way.. i know some one has done this mod and so i need to know how they got over the problem that i have encountered

cheers lad,, Rich,,

Al Wilson
05-08-04, 08:13 PM
I have moved it completely but I don't think I can help with the set-up you want. Have a look at my profile and you'll see what I've done.

If that is what you want/need help etc let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Al

te17@novasgonemad
05-08-04, 11:53 PM
hi AL cheers for that but urs an my car dont have many things in common ie.. urs dont have the dashboard to be worrying about :) newayz that werent a dig as your car is looking awsome and is truely one of the best novas ive seen.

but the problem is that i am fitting an additional flip out televison unit where the old clock and blower vents were i have removed the vents and got it ready to slide in the stereo but a tube goes from the blower unit to the front window vents and this is in the way and i obviously cant cut it .

i no someone on here did it but cant find the post so if the person could help me by saying how they got round the problem or if someone has a link to that post wen it was discussed b4 i would most appreciate it ..

cheers agin ,, rich

Al Wilson
07-08-04, 05:53 PM
No probs mate, did say I wasn't sure it thats what you wanted.

Get some pics up when you've worked out how to do it. :D

Al