PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions...

Coddy
03-08-04, 05:10 PM
1) My speedo is constantly wrong, its sitting on my drive and the needle is at 20km/h even though its not moving. any one got any cluses as to what might be causing it?

2) Single wiper conversion.
Ive done the diy conversion and got it through an MOT and now i wanna get it centre parking. ive tried just repositioning the whole wiper arm to the centre but when i turn the wiper on it ends up half way down the bonnet and gets stuck. Is there a way to get it centre parking without buying the storm kit?

cheers people.

MC
03-08-04, 05:41 PM
To get the centre parking, you need to get it to sweep the screen as normal, then remove the linkage from the motor. Then move the arm to the middle and re attach. I think.

MC

dan-hipgrave
03-08-04, 06:11 PM
for the speedo, check the cable where it plugs in behind the dash, and onto the gearbox, it could be twisted or something. This could be an excuse for a digi dash conversion though :wink:

burgo
03-08-04, 06:50 PM
or just move the needle lol

Coddy
03-08-04, 07:38 PM
ive tried moving the needle but it just kinda bounces back, someone else sugested the twisted cable thing, but ive already got the digi dash sitting in the garage anyway, just waiting on a transducer and the two plugs.

Riggy
03-08-04, 08:33 PM
right for the clocks try this as it happened to my mate when he fitted white dials - has the needle gone all the way around the clock i.e. past the limitewr as when this happens depending on which way it went it read 0 while ignition was off but once switched on it jumped to 20 mph :D

Coddy
03-08-04, 10:31 PM
mine just sits at about 10 mph constantly ignition or no ignition. i think im just gonna get a complete new digi dash when i get paid next

novaboy1981
04-08-04, 01:30 PM
surely repositioning the wiper to the middle wont work without changing the motor?
with the single wiper sitting to 1 side it will make 1 sweep left, then 1 back right and stop.
with it in the middle it would then need 2 make half a sweep to the left, a whole sweep 2 the right and then another half 2 the left 2 get it sitting back in the middle again.
am i making any sense or just getting terribly confused?!

Ste L
04-08-04, 02:13 PM
2) Single wiper conversion.
Ive done the diy conversion and got it through an MOT and now i wanna get it centre parking. ive tried just repositioning the whole wiper arm to the centre but when i turn the wiper on it ends up half way down the bonnet and gets stuck. Is there a way to get it centre parking without buying the storm kit?

i think u have to disconnect the linkage from the motor but keep the wiper connected to the spindle.... then just position it in the middle and reconnect the linkage to the motor

i think that's right hth :)

Steve

Coddy
04-08-04, 03:26 PM
cheers guys, im gonna go try some of that advice in a moment

burgo
04-08-04, 11:11 PM
wen i sed move the needle i ment pull it off then put it back on in the rite place