PDA

View Full Version : Im new and need some good advice

mattyd81
02-08-04, 09:08 PM
Hi all,

Im new to this site and have just bought a nova for a track day car. Can someone answers some questions for me:

1) I want to put a 2.0l engine into my 1.4 what recommended people can do this? As many companies as possible please and reliable. What do they charge?

2) if a 2 litre engine goes in, i take it i just need to buy normal uprated suspension kit for a nova?

3) fitting bucket seats, do the sub frames slot straight onto the old ones?

Thanks

Matt

Mike
02-08-04, 10:52 PM
courtenay sport and regal will do engine, couple of grand for an already tuned up motor all they do is put it in. they will be able to supply suspension to match it to.

dnt take my word tho, could be wrong. not as if ive got a 2ltr :(

Philsutton
03-08-04, 12:37 AM
well im gonna say justnovas being as i work there, we weld all the engine bay up an paint it. Use competition mounts, uprated the brakes an fit coilovers, plus all the 2lts we supply for the conversion are rebuilt. Basically if you want a complete car built with everything to match we can do that for you.

mattyd81
06-08-04, 07:42 PM
Hi Philsutton, my friend had his nova done by you ages ago, he traded his nitrous in with one of your colleagues. I was going to come to you as Im in Grantham, but I have noticed that your prices have gone up to ?5000!!! Bit of a climb from ?2800. Why is this?

epo
06-08-04, 07:59 PM
Hi Philsutton, my friend had his nova done by you ages ago, he traded his nitrous in with one of your colleagues. I was going to come to you as Im in Grantham, but I have noticed that your prices have gone up to ?5000!!! Bit of a climb from ?2800. Why is this?

ask chris 16v he does them alot he's based in selby ill take u up to his garage some time if u want am based in scunny

mattyd81
06-08-04, 10:21 PM
oh right, does he suppy the engine too. How much does he charge and how long will it take him??

epo
06-08-04, 10:41 PM
pm him mate he has a sticky in gerneral u can get to pm's from there

he's a brilliant lad very ggod at his job and very clever a good mate of mine always willin to help

i know he has at least one to do and am sure he can get an engine