PDA

View Full Version : The Plan for 2day

red_devil
01-08-04, 09:08 AM
Well its sunday morning... just took the missus to work at Morrisons...

Think its almost time to get the car outta the garage..

Now i've got plenty of work done in the last few weeks and almost ready to blend the rear lights into the rear quarters..

So the plan for today is as follows:

Get car out and find out what the acrilic smell is that coming outta my garage (think my thinners tubs perished)

Well any bullshit plates in near the lights so i don't need to risk melting the lights once there in by having to do any more welding near them

Then clean it all up... make sure i know exactly how i want the lamps.. Tiger Seal the lamps and bolt them in there final resting place... wait a while for the sealer to go off abit and then start JAMMING!!!!!!

Hopefully i might have an image of the car b4 i go to ice hockey training 2night..

Hope your all sh*ting yourselves as much as me.... ?300 set of taillights just about to have triangles cut out of them b4 i jam them in :(

peester
01-08-04, 09:22 AM
good luck mate and do watch out; sounds a fast way of getting upset.

-Bruce-
01-08-04, 09:32 AM
yeh it does sound like it will be a tricky job but good luck mate!! hope it works out.

bruce

red_devil
01-08-04, 01:29 PM
update for you guys..

Cutting the edges of the light was easily sorted and i lined the light up in the holder... 80grit DA'd down the quarter and the edge of the lamp and forced plenty of fibreglass in to make it solid...

just applied the 1st scim of SMC (carbon fibre re-inforced filler) and its looking wicked... gonna take maybe 1 more skim and it'll be done for the near side...

Can't believe its finally taking shape infront of me...

A good days work so far.. i'll let ya'll know how it carries on going once i put the beast away for the night

broody
01-08-04, 01:42 PM
nice one chris, its great to see things coming along aint it.
Hope it all goes well and let us know how it goes on!

Good luck!

srs1
01-08-04, 07:33 PM
pics!

Mike.
01-08-04, 07:35 PM
yeah we need some pics mate hope it all goes well

smitty5door
01-08-04, 08:08 PM
sounds like it will be pretty hard to do but plz get some pics

whitty_nova_1300sr
01-08-04, 08:15 PM
sounds gd.got n e pics yet

smitty5door
01-08-04, 08:25 PM
get pics as soon as you can i wanna see it it sounds cool

J4MES
03-08-04, 09:57 PM
get the pics up please....

robb
04-08-04, 04:37 PM
Sorry to reply and bring this back up to the top of the forum but 6 replys that simply say pics!!!! That is the problem now there are far too many useless replys going on in the general and muppet forums that's why there are the same topics floating around for weeks with pages of useless comments.

Post some pictures so we can see what you are doing and you will get a few 'looks good' 'great work' things...

Im sorry to go on like this but it has pissed me off recently, even in tech I get useless comments that simply say the same as me underneath!!!!