PDA

View Full Version : fellow nova mad man in need of HELP!!!!!

work_in_progress
31-07-04, 08:54 PM
:arrow: ive just bought a cavalier sri2.0 20seh 8v engine 4 mt mk2 1.0 and the mechanic says il need a cavalier radiator,oil cooler,steering rack,rear drums,nova gte/sri suspension,and disc breaks i know i will need the drums discs and suspension for front but do i need them 4 the back and will i need all the other bits or is he just tryin 2 rip me off so if sombody could cum 2 my rescue lol would b very gratfull cheers :D

Philsutton
31-07-04, 10:31 PM
rad? steering rack? rear drums? oil cooler? where did they come from, you wont be needing them.
standard radiator will be fine dont need oil cooler or streeing rack off the cav if thats what he means.
use the front brakes on your nova off the cav, that will do for brakes. Suspension you will need better than GTE, be better off buying a spring an damper kit.

work_in_progress
01-08-04, 12:13 AM
i havnt bought the car just the engine but thanx 4 the info very usefull so i dont need oil cooler,radiater,steering rack,etc would 60mm suspension do the job if not could u recomend any i have some pads an calipers just need bigger discs for front and bigger drums 4 back cheers 4 help (cant wait till its fitted an runnin 133bhp in a 1.0 jreg mk2 lol)

broody
01-08-04, 12:49 AM
and conversion engine mounts, few sets on ebay now.

AnThoNYnOvA
01-08-04, 12:54 AM
or make your own mounts.

but i say gte rad will be worth getting the other bits is bs

madcodling
01-08-04, 02:21 AM
you need the gte rad and you do need the oil cooler from the cavvy as it is part of the engine other wise oil will piss out of the pipes where the cooler should be, standard springs and shocks should be ok for a bit but id soon think about uprating em get a set of 40 ml dropped spax or something there fairley cheap and you dont want to go to low as the extra weight of the engine will drop it even more. youl need the cavvy accelerator cable, and a mount kit from e bay or www.valvers.com the rear drums you have got should be fine or you could swap em for gte drums but im not too sure if theres a difference but id uprate the front disks and calipers to astra 2.0 16v ones or similer. sounds a bit long winded but it is fairly easy.
p.s
have you got the loom and ecu for the cavvy as you will need them.

broody
01-08-04, 02:38 AM
oil cooler with 20SEH? I got a 20SEH and mine never had an oil cooler????

work_in_progress
01-08-04, 12:25 PM
yeah ive got loom,ecu,dizzy,etc something else i wouldnt mind clearin i have a big bore exhaust on at the mo with the standard 1.0 but the machanic says il need a custom 2.0 system puttin threw cause it wont fit 2 the 2.0 manifold am sure hes just taklin the piss thx 4 everybodys contribution been very helpfull il b ringin his ass mon morn an gettin him told lol CHEERS lads/lassies (if any lol)

brian
01-08-04, 12:45 PM
As phil said already you don't need an oil cooler. An oil cooler isn't even needed in a 2L 16v.

you do need the oil cooler from the cavvy as it is part of the engine other wise oil will p**s out of the pipes where the cooler should be,
Obviously oil will piss out of the pipes if you leave them there :roll:
You can take off the pipes completely and blank them off or you can take out the plate inside the oil filter where the pipes connect to.

work_in_progress
01-08-04, 01:04 PM
well engines a 8v so would i need it ? also the oil cooler is only ?10 so would it just b easyer 2fit 1 its no extra cost so might as well wot diff would it make also would a power boost valve fit on2 a 2.0seh 8v engine also how hard/expensive would it b 2 fit a turbo thats all ive ever weanted esp with a dump valve all help will b very gratfull cheers

Philsutton
01-08-04, 01:28 PM
the brakes off the 2.0 cav are the same as the 16v astra ones, shouldnt need uprated rear drums

work_in_progress
02-08-04, 08:27 PM
well sorted some koni ajustables 4 front and 2.0disc breaks also was wondering wots the best an cheapest way b beef up a 2.0seh enbine ie 40s, power boost valve,etc cheers

Philsutton
03-08-04, 12:27 AM
i'd go for t45s

work_in_progress
03-08-04, 02:41 PM
so t45s would b better ?also how much r they an how diff r they 2 fit also wondering wots best thing 2do when u get a 2.0 conversion Do/Do not declair it ?

Alex
03-08-04, 03:15 PM
tell the insurance company