PDA

View Full Version : I popped my nova cherry last night!

jody
30-07-04, 08:39 PM
:D Bought this little guy last night:

http://i21.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/d3/ce/ff_1_b.JPG

http://i3.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/d3/eb/d1_1.JPG

for the bargain price of ?200 8) and a bonus-it runs and has 9 months mot 8)

needs a bit of tidying (of course) but its mostly all in hand and it certainly goes well :twisted:

am well chuffed and the pther half is probably more excited than me, going to pick it up monday night :)

SKoob
30-07-04, 08:41 PM
very very nice, keep it mk1 and get some speedline alesios 8)

Jim
30-07-04, 08:46 PM
get some speedline alesios 8)

There are other wheels available for the Nova :P

Jim

jody
30-07-04, 08:48 PM
:lol: ive been informed that i 'have' to get some, but ive seen another set i like 8)

SKoob
30-07-04, 08:49 PM
well yes, i'm breaking the mold with mine :P Fondmetal 5800s :+:

Mel
30-07-04, 09:12 PM
skoob beat me to it. Keep it mk1!

*drool* i love gte's :)

is there anything wrong with it? i.e. rust underneath/wheel arches etc..

looks like a fantastic buy by the looks of it

jody
30-07-04, 09:16 PM
:D its got a few rust bubbles on both arches and bits at the bottos of the doors (all parts that will be replaced anyway :wink: )

the o/s/f wing looks like its the wrong shape cos it dont fit the bumper properly, and there is a bit of rust on the rear towing eye which will be checked out soon, but none in the battery tray or round the filler cap, even if i decide not to do it up its a 9 month run around for ?200 8)

smitty5door
30-07-04, 09:21 PM
if eva u plan on sellin it let me no
8) :D

smitty5door
30-07-04, 09:22 PM
oh yer n it looks like a really sweet car :D hope you do well with it nlook after her 8)

Mel
30-07-04, 09:56 PM
brilliant, definately sounds like a right bargain.

if you're checking the towing eye, make sure (when the bumper is off) that theres no rust in the back panel. if theres rust on that back panel, or in the box section that connects to the towing eye, chances are theres a LOT of extensive rust everywhere else (trust me i know LOL)..

but the wheel arch/bottom door are very common, nowt much to worry bout.

i would keep it to, tbh, cause if thats the only bit of rust that you can find, its worth keeping it. theres not many clean GTE's about, but i am bias as i absolutely love GTE's (and mk 1 SR's :wink: )

Mike.
30-07-04, 10:13 PM
looks great mate
200quid, bargain

jody
31-07-04, 10:29 AM
:D cheers everyone!

BF got under it and there is no rust on the back panel, just around the towing eye, I get the feeling that maybe its had a slight shunt on that rear corner, all the panels align but it looks like its had a spray around the boot.

If i cant repair it then ill keep it till the MOT runs out but hopefully it will be ok, can't see it being that bad cos it passed an MOT 3 months ago, and I know the MOT is original 8)

music junky
31-07-04, 11:53 AM
Most of the time body pannels wont line up becouse they arnt proper Vauxhall ones, they are bought from cheap pannel places!.
I always look at the back incase its been bumped, but anyway you could get another one and keep that one for spares?.
It looks nice for ?200 and maybe spend some time and him/her :wink: .

jody
31-07-04, 12:03 PM
I'd rather keep this one alive cos its only done 86000 miles and runs well, needs a new battery but thats it :)

fingers crossed :D

Riggy
02-08-04, 08:16 PM
looks good :D would say keep it mk1 but ive been coverted since i mk2d mine :wink:

Mel
02-08-04, 08:47 PM
looks good :D would say keep it mk1 but ive been coverted since i mk2d mine :wink:

nooo, dont say that..

Keep it mk1, theres so many people buying the mk2 or converting to it..its good to be unique :wink:

5_door owner
02-08-04, 09:07 PM
Keep it mk1, theres so many people buying the mk2 or converting to it..its good to be unique

deffinately, mk1 all the way (exept maybe a GSi bumper and a mk2 dash, but thats it lol) :D