PDA

View Full Version : Pinking Noise

Frank2004
29-07-04, 11:16 PM
Appartenly i have a pinking noise on my nova! I think it is from where my car is running on unleaded but wasnt previously set up for this fuel! Somehing as been set back at a certain degrees (like 5 or 7) what has been set back? It was said if it is set back any more the car would be very slow! any suggestions on wat the noise is! and how to over come the problem!
Cheers

epo
30-07-04, 06:47 PM
i thought pinkin was if ur mixture aint set right ie to rich or lean
thought its just a case of alterin ur mixture screw

newboy2thenova
30-07-04, 07:14 PM
pinking iz when the timing is out and pre ignition occurs

newboy2thenova
30-07-04, 07:17 PM
pinking iz when the timing is out and pre ignition occurs

johnny27
31-07-04, 01:26 PM
pinking is when timing is too far advance, mixture is exploding to early before TDC. move the disturbuter (i'm cr-ap at spelling) clockwise to retard, only a little at a time until you get it right. Also i know if the combustion chambers are very badly carbonised (to rich running) it will cause pinking.

Frank2004
31-07-04, 01:53 PM
Cool cheers guys!
The timing was set back...so it could take unleaded! they said not to set it back any more.
Erm fitted a new exhaust and induction filter..would this by any chance change the mixture (running to ricj) of my car?
cheers

Snowface
07-08-04, 12:55 PM
or pinking can occur when their is too much compression in the cylinder and causes the mixture to ignite prematurley, i think.

e.g. a 1200 head being used on a 1600block might cause this.

higher octane fuel will help this i beleive.