PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v Nova

SRimon
29-07-04, 03:48 PM
http://www.cruisesouthwest.co.uk/modules/Gallery/albums/album19/Nova_Bodyshop_Front.jpg

The picture is taken, pre polish and clean :lol: :P

Vauxhall Nova

Car:

Based on a rather tidy 1988 1.2 Merit shell, this is one of the better shells I have seen on a nova having owned one previously I know where they badly rust, this one hasn't to the extreme i have seen some, with 104,000 miles on the clock. The car has 8 months MOT, and tax til the end of august. It is still a 1.2 on the log book.

Bodywork:

Full re-spray in VW Hell Rot Orange, Black bonnet to match wheels, Astra Mk3 Estate Front bumper - wide mouth grilled and mesh sprayed black with laguna splitter fitted, Nova GSi rear bumper, Nova GSi rear spoiler, Dimma petrol cap, Clear rear lights, Mk2 front wings - without indicators or aerial, DTM cup mirrors with indicators

Engine:

The engine is taken from a Calibra 16v. It has the following things done to it, I was sold it as having more done, but the &*^*% who sold it to me lied out of his teeth sadly...I felt a fool but theres nothing I could do about it, anyway I have proof of the following mods.

Full magnex exhaust
Pipercross Induction
Head port and polish

The engine runs superbly, has recently had new hydraulic lifters, new mint alloy sump, new wheel barings, cambelt, Nova GTE radiator and a full service, running on Castrol GTX oil. The engine also has a rather nice rocker cover. The driveshafts are Courtney ones. It has drilled and grooved 256mm discs.

Wheels & Suspension:

16" Compomotive MO's resprayed and refurbed in Vauxhall Black same as the bonnet. So are in perfect condition. Fitted to the wheels are 205/45/16 Nankang Directional tyres.

The car is lowered all round on 35mm bilstein shocks and springs.

ICE/Security/Interior:

Toad CAT 1 Alarm and Immobiliser with Central Locking
Pioneer rear speakers on the parcel shelf

The interior is from a late mk1 SR, the grey set, the interior is almost perfect condition. Also there has been an after market steering wheel fitted along with Nova GTE Clocks.

I am not going to be anything other than honest with this car, the reason I am selling is I cannot afford to insure it anymore after I had a minor bump in it and have lost my no claims, however the car is perfectly straight and have the repairers details if anything was found to be out of ordinary. The repairs consisted of a new front panel,wing,bonnet and bumper, there was no mechanical damage and the front chassis leg had to be pulled 3cm, everything now is how it should be, I can garantuee that.

With the fact I have spent a total of nearly ?1300 in the last 3 months on this car on the servicing and repairs, I am sure people will understand I cannot afford to lose to much on it.

I am open to offers in the region of ?2,000 the first offer of that I will accept as I need to cover debts. It is a very reluctant sale, its not something I want to do but being a student with only a part time job its a case of having to.

I will accept a p/x for a Nova SR, SRi, or maybe a GSi all of which would need to be Mk2! And of Good if not excellent condition. And not in RED!

Any questions PM me, more pics on request