PDA

View Full Version : Rubber enigne mounts...

broody
27-07-04, 08:11 PM
Not getting TAS ones but want some, would rally ones be any good, or i have heard somewhere that u can use tiger seal or something on standard mounts to stiffen them on?

Any anywhere online i can buy some now?

m.d.
27-07-04, 09:58 PM
i just filled mine with wndscreen sealent and cut up bits of old engine mount and it worked a treat. solid as a rock but you get a lot of engine vibration through the car.
i was going to make some solid nylon ones but for road use they are pointless and will kill the chassis eventually, they cause fatigue crackes everywhere.

Jim
27-07-04, 10:26 PM
What about the Protec ones I told you about? Go to Protec:

http://www.usedrallyparts.co.uk/showcopagenew.cfm?pagekey=protec01

They have what your after, scroll down to the Engine/Transmission parts 3rd one down, Nova Engine mounts. There exactly the same as the TAS ones, ?125 for the set. they come in a nice blue colour so will suit your car lovely :)

Jim

BigRuss
27-07-04, 11:11 PM
Peter Lloyd Rallying, which is 2 miles from My house sells the same mounts. I can get them for ?95:00p/set.

He normally sells them for ?110:00p, let Me know if interested and I'll pick up a set for anyone and post them on. I have offered before but got no response :? :?

Was in the shop today, He's got 2 sets there now.

BigRuss
27-07-04, 11:17 PM
By the way, PRO-TEC's prices are plus vat plus delivery. They will cost You:-

?125 + vat = ?146.88p :o

Plus delivery (approx ) ?5 = 151.88p

I can offer Novaloaders the same parts for ?100 (Give or take 1 or 2 pound) delivered to your doors. A saving of 33% :o 8)

Jim
27-07-04, 11:18 PM
Peter Lloyd Rallying, which is 2 miles from My house sells the same mounts. I can get them for ?95:00p/set.

He normally sells them for ?110:00p, let Me know if interested and I'll pick up a set for anyone and post them on. I have offered before but got no response :? :?

Was in the shop today, He's got 2 sets there now.

*&?$$%? $&?$

;)

doh, oh well lol

Jim

Will
28-07-04, 11:11 AM
u like them hard jim?

;)

krobinson
28-07-04, 11:30 AM
http://www.autovaux.com

3 Brand new, GM Engine mounts, delivered ?50

I'm getting them instead of the TAS/Protec ones, as i dont think i could put up with the vibrateing of the entire car. My mates valver vibrates way too much with his protec ones!

Keith

broody
28-07-04, 02:56 PM
keith where does it say the 3 engine ounts for ?50, i can only see the two in the products parts?

krobinson
28-07-04, 03:13 PM
Call them up and order them! They have all 3, roughly ?50 posted!

I'm ordering mine tomorrow :D

Keith

broody
28-07-04, 03:30 PM
Keith they dont have any REAR mounts in stock, just ordered mine 5 mines ago, two front ones are about ?16 each. so I've just ordered them and going to call up next week to see if they got any rear ones in stock.

I'm going to use Tiger seal and big Nuts to fill in the gaps.

Odered them at 3pm and he said i'd get them tomorrow.

Philsutton
28-07-04, 04:20 PM
i think in a valver you need to have hard mounts, there isnt much room in the engine bay as it is so allowing the engine to slap around the engine bay is never a good thing.

broody
28-07-04, 04:46 PM
yeah phill well the story with mine is that im still using the 1.2 rubber mounts and they've been in their 14 years so need relpacing anyway, i've orded gte/gsi rubber mounts as well as filling them tiger seal and bits of metal to stiffen them up.
but dont want them as hard as TAS/Pro Sport mounts.

everything i turn left i get a nice grinding from the alternator on the chasis, which if i dont sort it will leave me with a great bit hole :o

a2lt16v
28-07-04, 04:52 PM
i had the grinding on the alternator but it turned out to only be the chassis legs coming off bulk head. so i scrapped the car. you better check

Philsutton
28-07-04, 10:37 PM
the mounts we use at justnovas are 150 not 250 as i stated when i was rather drunk, but they are very hard. Never tried rubber mounts with tiger seal would be lot cheaper that way just not sure what it would be like.