PDA

View Full Version : Worlds 1st Nova Saloon RS Turbo??

Stanley
26-07-04, 04:43 PM
My and a mate will be getting a nova saloon for free to rally around the fields, and there is a bloke nearby sellin a fiesta RS turbo engine for CHEAP.

depending on the condition of the novas body, then im sure we could join the two 'ever-enemy's' in some sick, twisted, streetsleeper??

il even put the BHP-increasing mod of the century on it "The MAX Power Sticker"

so how hard u reckon it wopuld be to swap engines??
does this sound too stupid to be true??

p.s. i have acess to welders etc basically evrything youd need to do such a job

cheers in advance
stan

Alpine99
26-07-04, 05:03 PM
i dont know alot abt engine fitting in all, but at a random guess i'd say it would be a HUGE job to fit it in. IF it will go in....

Jim
26-07-04, 05:28 PM
Will the Fiesta RS Turbo be faster than a 2.0 16v Engine? It would be a hell of a lot easier and probably cheaper to source a Vauxhall engine and fit that rather than messing around with a Fiesta RS engine.

Jim

Stanley
26-07-04, 05:31 PM
i dont know but with it being a turbo it means there are heaps of posibilities and plus u get the good old ptttssssshhhhhhh!!!

and it would be a 1st(something different)

SKoob
26-07-04, 06:57 PM
you get that with a C20let (Vauxhall 2l Turbo) 8)

mowgli
26-07-04, 08:38 PM
for god's sake do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

even if you have to weld the fiesta front bulkhead in to make it fit.

ford gear linkages are shite but the driveshafts might be fun.

AND tons of people have stuck vauxhall engines into fords

I once encountered a bloke who stuck a montego turbo lump in a golf mk1 (actually quite easy cos the gbox is the same)

epo
26-07-04, 08:50 PM
yeah do it will be awsome imo

AnThoNYnOvA
26-07-04, 11:07 PM
ecu might be a problem :o

yes it should fit into the engine bay 8) get shafts made and few other probs

Stuart
26-07-04, 11:15 PM
ecu wont be a problem if you get one from an RS (or go afternarket ;) )

go for it. if youve got the engineering nouse then do it.

irmscherkris
27-07-04, 12:26 AM
be mad do it :wink: and get mag feat :twisted:

the novesta sr turbo salloony :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

whitty_nova_1300sr
27-07-04, 01:46 AM
got 2 b done :D :D

Mike
27-07-04, 08:09 PM
sounds fun? jst dnt tell the robbing gits (a.k.a insurance ppl)

_JH_
27-07-04, 09:56 PM

what a cracking piece of advice. any more tips like that?

rodgerq
29-07-04, 05:25 PM
shafts will be a doddle. you measure the length of the nova shaft. measure along half of it and cut it(mark inner and outer edges)

the measurement of half the nova shaft is what you need to cut off the fiesta shaft measuring from the inner side out(cv joints removed). then measure the diamter of both shafts and have a sleeve made up a GOOD interference fit for the two sizes of shafts. heat the sleeve with some burning gear and fit the two parts of the shafts into their respective ends andlet it cool. then weld around it after making sure its straight and true using a lathe and a dial test indicator.

using the fiesta box or series 2 erst will have the advantage of a limited slip diff as standard

rodgerq

epo
29-07-04, 06:18 PM

yeah that'll work well
and whats he suposed to do if he has an accident and the coppers check it out :roll:

Philsutton
29-07-04, 06:24 PM
let them check then make a claim, police dont know what the fuck to look for.

Stanley
29-07-04, 06:27 PM
al make sure am wearing tight-fitting trainers!!

hmmm u lot have put the whole job in2 perspective.

might just 'find' an old fiesta and whack the lump in that.

keep the saloon 2 rally tho!!

Mike
29-07-04, 10:40 PM
Thanks. At least philsutton agrees with me!

litfan666
30-07-04, 10:20 AM
i think the best engine swapping ive seen is a mk1 getting the 2.0 scooby block in it.

litfan666
30-07-04, 10:21 AM
mk1 golf that is sorry

Jim
30-07-04, 09:44 PM
Trying to cheat the Insurance company is not clever! Only idiots would do such a thing! As for the police not knowing what to look for, you're far to naive to think that all the police know f**k all about engines.

It's idiots like you that try and cheat the Insurance company that put our Premiums up!

Jim

epo
31-07-04, 12:37 AM
also my friends dad is a police acciedent inspector and he's not daft am sure he can tell the difference between a vaux and ford engine

R1CH
03-08-04, 11:17 PM
Why the fuck would you want to waste a perfectly good Nova by putting in a Ford RS Turbo motor in ????????
There not exactly fast !
Fair enough it would be different but it would be easier to fit an XE or a LET motor in it, plus an XE or a LET would loads faster !!

Rich

burgo
03-08-04, 11:22 PM
cos that has bin done hes doin somefing different and can get hold of an rs turbo motor easy

epo
05-08-04, 06:23 PM
cos that has bin done hes doin somefing different and can get hold of an rs turbo motor easy

exactly nowt wrong with being different
if all cars were the same then there'd be no point moddin em