PDA

View Full Version : Pod - How was it 4 U?

Anonymous
09-09-01, 09:07 PM
Since I got home first (tsk a whole 10 minutes to get home - the hardships I endure) I thought I kick off witht 1st Pod post.
I reckon the whole Nova fraternity acquitted itself in exemplory fashion with plenty of mint cars and right on the nose times whatever class they were in. The only shame was there wasn't anywhere near enough of our so- called opposition for us to sort out. It would perhaps shut-up for good those who voice the opinions in mags that Nova's have had their day.

Big thanx to MC and Ian for spending a good part of the day busy tracking people down and juggling bits of paper. Top day alround - that is assuming that the crash at the end didn't result in any serious injuries!

Cheers!:)

Anonymous
09-09-01, 09:49 PM
It was the best day ive had in ages! just a shame about my times, maybe with a bit more practice... whos up for the next one on the 30th then :D I certainly am!! :D:D:D

Novaload.NET Run What Ya Brung Day at Santa Pod, 9th September.

Anonymous
09-09-01, 10:00 PM
didn't see a single saxo up the strip all day. Think they must've been running scared.

Brilliant day. Some damned impressive cars. and definate proof that women can't drive. Not even in a straight line.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
09-09-01, 10:04 PM
looks like the exhaust from colin smith was worth it :D

16v Nova - Toolkit comes as standard :)

Anonymous
09-09-01, 10:05 PM
yep very good very tiring, very pissed off i couldnt take part.

lets hear the excuse you wimps that didnt bother to show....and the ones too lazy (or scared????) to run *cough* jim.

Anonymous
09-09-01, 10:32 PM
Jim's building upto it - he's spent the day scoping it all out. Stop buying paint Jim and start saving for nitrous - you know it makes sense!! Lol!

Anonymous
09-09-01, 10:44 PM
lol at stes made up time hahahahaha
tell the truth now ste! i have the forms!

Anonymous
09-09-01, 11:09 PM
another one? if there is another rwyb then im up for it this time. suppose i can leave the oil burner in till then as longs it dont die

Anonymous
09-09-01, 11:24 PM
14.7 seconds. Ste ur gettin mixed up, thats not the strip thats a meter! lol

Anonymous
10-09-01, 08:40 AM
I had a great day!
1st time I've attended a RWYB day. Loved it!

Nice to meet you (the few that I did).
Its convinced me to power-up my car ...I want a 2 litre 16v now!!!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
:x You'll NOVA Walk Alone :x

Anonymous
10-09-01, 09:06 AM
LMAO @ Ian. I knew someone might mention the fact I didn't run. Like CP said, I'm building myself up for it, checking it all out, seeing what does and doesn't work. Besides, if it wasn't for me, Ste would never have got that time as he would've had to carry all the crap in his boot up the strip ;)
Fenix, there was a saxo earlier on in the day up the strip, can't remember what it did. Maybe if you weren't being driven by 'Miss Daisy' to Santa Pod you might have seen it :p
I think the girl walked away from the crash, a little shaken up, but thats about it I think.
Good to meet those that I did, hope to see you all again soon. Well done to MC and Ian, I think all the hard work was well worth it for the biggest turn out of Nova's that I've seen at a Novaload meet.

Jim.

p.s. Sid, what car did you have?

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
10-09-01, 09:07 AM
I couldn't go because I was still fucked after I got back from the minging place known as Kavos. A word to the wise DON'T GO TO KAVOS, IT IS A SHITHOLE !!!!!

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
10-09-01, 09:30 AM
i did not sign on till about 12:00 i was not going to run but i could not resist :D
i dont think my car liked it much though

was a brilliant day :D thanks mc & ian

Anonymous
10-09-01, 09:51 AM
Your's was the only 1.2 wasn't it? Well you ran and got yourself a mag subscription i believe. Not bad going really was it.

Anonymous
10-09-01, 10:01 AM
was i the only 1.2 to run B-/
there were loads of other 1.2s on the orignal list what happened to them no balls ?

i loved raging the shit out of my car up the strip :D and i got under 20 seconds :D everyone was saying i would do it in about 25

Anonymous
10-09-01, 10:11 AM
winners have not been announced until i check all the forms and all the times, but it does seem likely that ick will have won his class, and well done for having the guts to run, when noone else did.

Anonymous
10-09-01, 10:46 AM
I didnt run ...I only went to scope out the competition for when I get me car back and whoop ya a*ses!!

I drove up in a black Fiesta ...would've fallen apart if I thrashed it!

I met Ian, MC, Fenix, Dec, David P, Karthik, some other guy racing Dec in a blue one without a bumper?

Anonymous
10-09-01, 11:01 AM
what crash ?

***:D we are going to win the world cup :D ***

***********Formally nova91***********

Anonymous
10-09-01, 11:30 AM
The yellow drag car that was going up in 8 secs.

Got to the finish line, rolled and burst into flames.

The woman got out alright but the car came back in tiny bits on the back of a pick up.

Anonymous
10-09-01, 11:48 AM
omg the 2 seater one what time did that happen did all racing stop then ?

what time did everyone leave ?

Anonymous
10-09-01, 11:57 AM
that was about 4:30 - 5 o'clock i think. they stopped the racing straight after. we left about 5:20.

Anonymous
10-09-01, 12:18 PM
Ick, lol ure were the pansy to begin with... there was loads of 1.2 and 1.0's racing cough* :D mwhahahhaaa

Anonymous
10-09-01, 12:27 PM
was you lying you bastard lol

i dont care i am glad i done it :D

Anonymous
10-09-01, 12:38 PM
Fenix, wasn't it a white drag car? I don't think it was the yellow one, but it was the same driver that was driving the 2 seater yellow drag car.

Anonymous
10-09-01, 12:46 PM
lol i told u Ick!

Anonymous
10-09-01, 01:53 PM
Possibly Jim

Just heard peeps saying it was that woman. didn't realise she'd driven owt else.

Couldn't really tell when the wreck came back up. just don't remember seeing that yellow one after it all happened.

You gonna be coming drag racing with us lot at York next year Breeny. Seen as you'll be an Honorary Northerner at the weekend.

You'll have to stop drinking shandy though and leave your slip ons at home :-)

Anonymous
10-09-01, 02:43 PM
Possibly Jim

Just heard peeps saying it was that woman. didn't realise she'd driven owt else.

Couldn't really tell when the wreck came back up. just don't remember seeing that yellow one after it all happened.

You gonna be coming drag racing with us lot at York next year Breeny. Seen as you'll be an Honorary Northerner at the weekend.

Anonymous
10-09-01, 02:44 PM
Possibly Jim

Anonymous
10-09-01, 02:49 PM
oops. didn't mean to post that 3 times. Damn broweser playing up. Sorry! :D

Anonymous
10-09-01, 02:54 PM
lol i reckon u just wanted to make your point about "You'll have to stop drinking shandy though and leave your slip ons at home :-)" lol The answer is i don't drink Shandy anyway, and no i'm not leaving my slip ons at home :P

Anonymous
10-09-01, 02:58 PM
Ick, what time did you run in your 1.2?
i ran 18.2 in my standard 1.3sr, so how much slower is a 1.2 than that then?

Anonymous
10-09-01, 03:01 PM
i will post up everyones quickest times later if i get it done.

Anonymous
10-09-01, 03:06 PM

but i think 1 could knock about 0.7 off that at a minimum with a bit more practice
because on my fastest run the first 2 section times were slower than on other runs and when i added up all my best times for the 3 sections i think it came to about 19.1 i am not definate though

Anonymous
10-09-01, 03:44 PM
Breeny doesn't drink shandy becasue it's too strong for him ;) Coca-Cola for our young Novaloader please :D Just kidding Breeny mate.

Matty Bruns, what colour Nova was yours?

Anonymous
11-09-01, 08:55 PM
Really enjoyed the Pod nice to meet u all at last, long old trek for me though, so unless it's Nova related it may be a while b4 I visit again. Looking foward to some events around my way
Simon

stereo is my name 155db is my game

Anonymous
11-09-01, 11:25 PM
mine was the red 1.3 sr runiing standard 13' steelies.