PDA

View Full Version : hmmm

steve-o
26-07-04, 01:10 AM
got quoted for insuring a scooby turbo today,

?825 fully comp!! millions of miles cheaper that i ever figured.

im so tempted to get a loan and buy one.

i really wanna LET nova tho :S

burgo
26-07-04, 01:12 AM
skooby's are far to common now get somefing sifferent if ur bored of novas

steve-o
26-07-04, 09:34 AM
ive been looking for months.

id love something with a turbo, and scoobys sound fantastic. never even dreamed id be able to insure one tho.

i cant think of any small turbo car tho that i want. cant find a let nova :(

Rach
26-07-04, 11:01 AM
a gorgeous combination would be an Evo V with a scooby engine...

:D

dan_mk1
26-07-04, 11:07 AM
Biggest question is can you afford the running costs?! most people seem to sell scooby's after a few months because they cant afford the running costs.....have you actually test driven one? uk spec scoobs wont be any quicker than a valver nova apart from 0-60, they really are poor! well overated imo!

ps 10mpg!

pps have you thought about an evo 2/3?? much less common, a lot quicker, cheaper? etc

Rach
26-07-04, 11:10 AM
Biggest question is can you afford the running costs?! most people seem to sell scooby's after a few months because they cant afford the running costs.....have you actually test driven one? uk spec scoobs wont be any quicker than a valver nova apart from 0-60, they really are poor! well overated imo!

ps 10mpg!

good point.

my friend bought a scooby turbo and after about 2 months, the engine went boom...

cost him a few grand to fix the engine and get it back onto the road

steve-o
26-07-04, 11:35 AM
hadnt thought about it at all, was just completely taken away by the fact i could insure one, and that was all i was thinking.

id love to have another nova, at least an XE, but really a let.

but i was paying ?600 TPFT on my nova, so ?825 FC, protected seemed like a loads better deal.
no one could do me FC on a valver nova,(under ?2500) with it not being standard

dan_mk1
26-07-04, 11:48 AM
Unless its an import mate, uk scoobs are seriously poor, and the fuel economy really is shocking......

epo
26-07-04, 07:26 PM
i personally wudnt buy an import me mate had an import evo

?2000 for an engine rebuild after head gasket went
?1000 for a racing clutch
?200 for an alternator (recon)
?100 for pas pump

when he sold it gear box was on its way out
it had been well ragged

Mel
26-07-04, 08:35 PM
i've heard shocker stories on imports too.

Sounds like even though you COULD afford the scooby insurance wise, you couldnt afford the daily costs. tbh, how many people (without rich daddies) can afford something like this? not very many at all.