PDA

View Full Version : Helping newbies buy decent systems from the start

music junky
25-07-04, 07:16 PM
Can we suggest systems for newbies starting out in the ice world before they go out and buy something thats crap!
The systems can be low budget to high and suggest cd mp3 players amps component speakers and subs ?
Low budget systems can be cheap subs that are fairly decent but will still do a good job without breaking the bank.

I know Alpine cd players are a good place to start, But we could warn people away from systems that dont do a good job or are just a rip off.
If you could suggest systems for someone like me ? then i could have a decent system in my car with out getting lauffed at for buying 6+9s or a sony xplod sub or just plain crap!
It will also help newbies like me buy a decent system from the start and listen to music like it was ment to be.
Cheers Daz

Alpine99
25-07-04, 09:41 PM
a buget but a great sounding system would consist of:

SPLX twin 10" band pass box - ?70, best out there for that kind of money
SPLX 6x9's - ?30, not to "crackely"
any head unit over ?100, with 1/2 pre outs and at least 40x4watt
2 channel amp - ?50 loads on the market
get a proper wiring kit, (few of my mates have used hoover wire lol) DONT it sounds crap! audio leads - ?30 complete kit.

so for ?250-?300 and it will great. wont get a better system than that for that kind of cash :)

hope that helps :D

Ginja
26-07-04, 02:37 PM
Alpine Sub + Kenwood Amp + Wiring Kit Alpine

SWE1241 x 2 + KAC8151D + BOX + AMP KIT

SWE-1241 x 2 with double box, Kenwood KAC-8151D 1000 Watts, Amp with wiring kit. price: ?299.00

Detailed description
Subwoofer:
? Frequency Response: 26Hz ? 1kHz
? Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone
? High Excursion 3/4? Santoprene? Surround
? Dual Oversized Nomex? Spiders
? Vented Pole
? Custom High Strength Steel Basket
? Bumped Backplate
? High Strength Brass Voice Coil Bobbin
? Designed and Engineered in the USA
The extra heavy gauge custom-stamped steel frame is thicker than other brands and is sure to withstand the demands of any Bass Engine system. With dual oversized Nomex spiders, these Type-E subwoofers offer more boom for your buck.

Amplifier:
Mono D-Class Subwoofer Amplifier, Variable Low Pass Filter (50Hz-200Hz), Infrasonic Filter (15Hz/25Hz) Speaker Level or RCA Input, RCA Output, 1 Ohm Capability, Wired Remote
1 x 200W RMS / 1 x 400W MAX (4 ohm)
1 x 400W RMS / 1 x 800W MAX (2 ohm)
1 x 500W RMS / 1 x 1000W MAX (1 Ohm

Headunit

Pioneer DEHP7500MP
Prog OEL, D4Q, 50w, MP3 / WMA, WAV, EEQ+, 3 Hi-V P/Os.

Detailed description
This high-quality WMA/MP3/CD tuner blends performance with the latest technology. The first thing you'll notice is its stunning OEL animated display. It gets personal when you create your own OEL animations with Pioneer ?s OEL Screensaver Studio. And it ?s so easy! Your in-car acoustics have never sounded this pure and perfect thanks to extra sound-enhancing features, like the 3 Hi-Volt pre-outs that let you add external amplifiers and speakers. At the touch of a button,fine-tune your sound using the EEQ+equaliser (with LPF and HPF on-board network). And thanks to the multiple IP-Bus control, you?ll be able to build up a complete in-car multimedia system in a snap

Price: ?186.25

6x9s

Alpine SPE6903

Detailed description
Highly efficient and remarkably responsive, the all-new Type-E speakers are specifically designed to deliver optimum performance with only head unit power. Moreover, they?re sized to fit nearly any vehicle ? making them a perfect choice when you?re upgrading.

Technical Details

Peak Power 150W
? RMS Power 30W
? Frequency Response: 30Hz - 28kHz
? Kraft Pulp Midrange
? Hybrid Pearl-Mica Injection Woofer Cone
? Lightweight Air Injected Rubber Edge
? 3/8" PEI & Titanium Balanced Dome Tweeter
? Neodymium Tweeter Magnet

Typ-E Speaker Technology
Highly efficient and remarkably responsive, the all-new Type-E speakers are specifically designed to deliver optimum performance with only head unit power. Moreover, they?re sized to fit nearly any vehicle ? making them a perfect choice when you?re upgrading.

Stylish Design, Sophisticated Technology, Simple Installation
From the silver tweeter to the sleek, aluminium-coated cone, the Type-E speakers sport a cool, high-tech look. The beauty of these speakers is far more than skin deep, though ? the new, efficient design and advanced technology ensures high-level sound and maximum performance from head unit power. Naturally, they?re also a perfect match for the Type-E Subwoofers. Moreover, installation is exceptionally fast and easy, since the Type-E are specifically designed to fit a wide range of vehicles.

Price: ?39.99

Componets

Kenwood KFCP403
4" pearl mica woofer, Swivel dome tweeter, 170 Watts peak po

Price ?79.00

I know This is pricey at ?620 quid but this lot would blow your mind a p**s a few people off in the process

Wish List was made from www.bass-junkies.com

hasek-na
28-07-04, 07:31 AM
My system is going to end up being....

Kenwood KDC - 3027A H/U
Not the best in the workd but it's still quite nice, but you probarbly should buy a better h/u. I'm going to once I have my system set up.
?100 from halfords (ripoff-don't buy from halfords)

Two sets of JBL gto 505c components up in custom door builds
?40 each from an ebay store, worth bout ?100 each

Two kicker 10" comp subs
Jbl 300.1 mono sub amp
?189 from bass junkies, It says under it "was ?499"

Then just all wireing and stuff im gunna buy off ebay, Ive already got the speakers coming and got the H/u, just need to save up for subs and amp.

P.S Anyone suggest a good amp for the speakers, I know a gto 4000 seems logical but is that what you guy would go for? I Can find one dirt cheap on ebay so...

Alpine99
28-07-04, 08:52 AM
a decent 300-400 watt amp would do you fine.
2 channel. poss Alpine, ?100 from halfords, (see if your local motor world has it 1st tho, cant remember the model... but its a 2 channel. and it says ALPINE on it.... :wink: