PDA

View Full Version : C20LET conversion

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
25-07-04, 04:07 PM
Hey peeps,

Just thought id let you all know that my car is gunna be off the road from the beging of October 04 - June 05 thats the time im giving myself to do all the jobs.

Ive decided on doing the C20LET converion, myself and my dad will be doing the conversion along with my mate who has done the same conversion to his GSi ( im getting pics of it when we have some nice weather) I just need to find a donor car with the engine or just the engine its self, then it will be rebuilt, while my car is off the road alot more things are going to be done as follows:-

C20LET conversion | 6speed box | Fully strengthened engine bay & shell | Coilovers all round | Vectra V6 brake set-up | New front & rear archs | New passenger door | Delocked doors & boot | GSi front & rear bumpers | GSi window surrounds | Full retrim in Black & White leather | GSi black dash & all plastic trim in black | New headlights & indicators + covers | Black GSi viynal on boot | Custom exhaust | Single wiper | Paint in archs again & all underbody of car (white) | No ICE apart from Headunit, door speakers & 6x9s | Renew most parts | Full respray in original glacia white to finish off |

Hopefully all that lot will be done for June 05, i was just gunna do a 20XE transpant but after having a drive of my mates LET and my other mates XE my mind was made up :D soon as the work begins ill keep posting progress reports & pics of how the work is going. Roll on June 05 8)

Cheers for reading my post.

Craig

dan_mk1
25-07-04, 04:28 PM
Sounds good mate! awsome car as it is, isnt a 1.2 to a let a bit of a jump!? lol

epo
25-07-04, 04:57 PM
nice 1 craig good luck with it
good choice with the vinyal mate :wink:

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
25-07-04, 10:23 PM
Cheers lads,

Dan yeah it is quite a big jump :) but ive drove my mates LET quite a bit to know what im letting my self in for, and i drive my dads Mk2 172 quite abit so i should be able to handle the beast, im just gunna drive it with the engine standard, running low boost for a while.

:D Craig

peester
26-07-04, 12:55 AM

lol the vynal....

where is dave_gsi nowadays??

Ben
26-07-04, 10:55 AM
Your crazy you have only been driving a few months, have you even tried getting an insurance quote.

Build yourself up to it.

epo
26-07-04, 06:49 PM

lol the vynal....

dunno saw him at pv like but not heard owt from him since

krobinson
26-07-04, 09:56 PM
Sounds awesome mate! I hope you've got plenty of cash laying around!

I took my Nova off the road in december 2002, had planned to have it back on the road for june 2003. Its now nearly august 2004, and it wont be finished for another few months!

Add up how much time you need, double it!

Add up what you think it will cost, tripple it!

Keith

nam
26-07-04, 10:13 PM

Keith

lol.

sound like a great project mate hope to see some progress pics

Benn
26-07-04, 11:01 PM
Hey peeps,

| No ICE apart from Headunit, door speakers & 6x9s

Craig

?? so a basic ice package then? lol

geordie_racer
27-07-04, 01:46 PM
if i remember right craigs on his parents insurance so it shouldn't b 2 bad.

sounds like a good project mate, give me a shout if you need a hand at all should be back in the north east soon

chris

Stuart
27-07-04, 02:07 PM
hmmm insurance fronting. lovely and when he comes to claim (and he will) they will not be intrested ;)

dave.gsi
01-08-04, 06:46 PM

lol the vynal....

dunno saw him at pv like but not heard owt from him since

i am still alive boys and girls, just dont have internet at the moment because i've moved house. hopefully will be back properly soon. 8)

Rach
01-08-04, 06:47 PM
IT'S ALIVE.... :twisted:

(sorry... i don't know what happened there - :oops: )

Mike.
01-08-04, 06:58 PM
good luck with it mate
got a lot to do tho mate

smitty5door
01-08-04, 09:43 PM
yer id say its sounds more than alot to do but gd look.

R1CH
03-08-04, 10:55 PM
yer id say its sounds more than alot to do but gd look.

Yeah, its a hell of a lot of work !
I started collecting bits for my C20LET'd Nova in October 02, got my self a Calibra Turbo donor car in Feb 03, then got a Nova to put it all in April 04 ! Hopefully have it all up and running and on the road for May 05 !
Basically just doing bits on it every few weeks, it'd do my head in if i was trying to get it all done at once.
No rush eh !

Rich

Riggy
04-08-04, 05:16 PM
good luck with it mate will be a mean car

and dave glad to see your still alive mate hows things have you moved to manchester yet :wink:

whitty_nova_1300sr
05-08-04, 06:15 AM
gd luck with it, post pics step by step.

Keith

tht is very ture :lol: i found tht out :lol: