PDA

View Full Version : Alarms!

Frank2004
24-07-04, 04:27 PM
HI! It was gonna happen soon and i am glad it was sooner then later! THe nova got broken into! WHY? they didnt even take anythig.....nothin better too do if u ask me!
Anyways, does anyone know of good alarms that are also cheap! (wouldnt mind an unltrasonic)
Cheers ppl!
Frank 2004

epo
24-07-04, 05:00 PM
have a look on ebay theres always some on there

broody
24-07-04, 07:15 PM
not directing this at you but its so funy that people only get alarms AFTER their cars get broken into!

epo
24-07-04, 07:18 PM
mine came with a decent one + imobiliser so thought no need 2 change all my cars have always had alarms due to the fact i like a lot of stereo

novaboy1981
24-07-04, 07:45 PM
yeah, there r plenty of systems on ebay....i got a cheetah system off there for ?55 inc. p&p and installed it myself in a day.
it has alarm, immobiliser, central locking and ultrasonic.
if u do get it and need help wiring it up then just PM me

andy

Jim
25-07-04, 10:54 PM
Good Alarms and "cheap" dont really go well together.

Personally I wouldn't buy a cheap alarm, but its up to you.

If you dont want to spend a lot, get yourself a Disklock. Its a good deterent. It may not sound an alarm, but it should put off the opportunist thief.

Jim

whitty_nova_1300sr
25-07-04, 11:11 PM
Alarms r a must have as there r a lot of c*nts abbout who will try and break in :evil: :evil: i got an alarm/immobiliser on mine 1st thing i did, just had the system updated so when the car alarm goes off it will ring my fone :D :D

Al Wilson
26-07-04, 11:57 AM
Mate if you don't want the car going anywhere I couldn't recommend enough a removable steering wheel - about ?80 odd for the adaptor.

epo
26-07-04, 06:46 PM
Good Alarms and "cheap" dont really go well together.

Personally I wouldn't buy a cheap alarm, but its up to you.

If you dont want to spend a lot, get yourself a Disklock. Its a good deterent. It may not sound an alarm, but it should put off the opportunist thief.

Jim

yeah i understand what u mean but if u aint got a lot of coin then a cheap one which makes a noise is better than nowt at all

also the little flashin led maybe enough to deter some people