*to protect my cat
*the engine determines the air fuel mixture from it
*my engine maybe be damaged without one
*it wouldnt pass the mot without
can any1 back up these points,
thanks

Stuart
23-07-04, 05:39 PM
it needs the lambda sensor to correct the air/fuel mixture so that the engine runs correctly thus not damaging it. Also helps the ecu set the fuelling to present properly "setup" gas to the cat, which in turn makes your emissions nice and hippyish, so it will pass its mot

some people will say that you dont need to have the cat for the mot as most places ignore the nova in the cat section lol

i dont think you need much more backup than that lol

nova_172
23-07-04, 05:45 PM
i work at a garage so doing an mot will be no problem, i hav de-cated my car and some guys at work say it will not need the lambda sensor, is this true

Stuart
23-07-04, 05:48 PM
:roll: dodgy mot then

and even without the cat you STILL need the lambda sensor

do you just sweep up in the garage? lol

nova_172
23-07-04, 05:51 PM
i didnt say thats wat i thought i was just trynig to find out the proper way, they said its such an old engine it wont need the lambda sensor as its jus a loop, or sommat.

Alex
23-07-04, 05:52 PM
why would you want to get rid of it?

nova_172
23-07-04, 05:57 PM
i am just lazy i cant be arsed drilling and welding a nut onto my 4 branch manifold then going to get a heated one and wire it all up.

Stuart
23-07-04, 06:02 PM
erm, you should have one anyway. why would you need to get another one?

its an M18 nut you need ;)

nova_172
23-07-04, 06:05 PM
some1 on here said because the exhaust from each cylinder join so far down from the head the lambda sensor will not get hot enough to work properly

-tucny-
24-07-04, 11:05 AM
as long as uv got the spi engine ur gonna need the lambda sensor - unplug it and see what happens, ur car will hardly run. but if uv got a 4 branch for a 1.2, stick a carb head on n scrap ur ecu ( + lambda sensor) or fit the sensor to the front section of ur exhaust. itll be easier to do the second option. as u should know working in a garage u wont need the cat for ur mot as it was fitted before that rule came into force. (unless its a late k or something).