PDA

View Full Version : Temp dail

Paulbrown
23-07-04, 09:39 AM
my temp dail on my dash doesnt work its total stays over to the left.now what i need to to is where is the sender in the engine bay so i can change it to try and sovles the problem. can any one help or has this happened to any one before? also does any one have a parts list/ numbers for the engine compents ie batterys, rads, senders and so on for all the nova engine that i can download and print off. oh my engine is a 1.6 gte.

thanks Paul

Al Wilson
23-07-04, 09:41 AM
Dial?????

On the underside of the block. Jack the car up and you should be able to see it.

Paulbrown
23-07-04, 09:48 AM
bugger my spelling is crap!! i mean dial on the dash to see how hot your engine is!! which side is it on and are the all the same on every nova?

robb
23-07-04, 10:09 AM
On my GSi lump it is on the little two into one sort of metal lump just under tha right hand side of the inlet. It is one of those spade connector things that goes to it, blue wire.

Paulbrown
23-07-04, 10:12 AM
i thought it was some where around the coolant lines as thats what getts hot and tell the fan to swich on but not sure any one with more ideas?

robb
23-07-04, 11:51 AM
The switch for the fan is on the side of the radiator, take the plug off, turn ignotion on and cross the plug terminals to test fan.

The guage sender is on the back.....

metal lump just under tha right hand side of the inlet

Here is a pic with big arrow to show u, just go under manifold to see it:
http://www.tms-stores.com/tempguagesender.jpg
P.S. cheers Jason feature no 669 for the picture

blue wire.....

Don't confuse it with the oil temperature sender on the back on middle of block halfway down and the other temp and pressure sunder on bottom right of block (both on back of motor).

Stuart
23-07-04, 12:47 PM
if your temp guage dosent move much, then its likely to be the thermostat is buggered.

new one thanks lol

as for aprt numbers, different parts companies do different numbers ;)

and DONT post twice in 2 forums.

benji
23-07-04, 03:15 PM
blue wire is tempreture sender

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/PICT0079.JPG

robb
23-07-04, 03:31 PM
blue wire.....

But on the GSi it is where shown on my picture.

Nice carbs Benji :D how many horses fit in there? Also how much is it to do a track day? I read you been to one and I want to try it too, when I do some more work to the car :roll:

benji
23-07-04, 07:07 PM
Nice carbs Benji :D how many horses fit in there?

the carb's are only 40's so i struggle to fit small mammals in them, not tried a horse, but i wouldn't of thought it would fit.

how much is it to do a track day? I read you been to one and I want to try it too, when I do some more work to the car

the track day's are ?140 at donnington.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96611

robb
26-07-04, 10:35 AM
LOL

I need to try a track day.

I am very near castle coombe, you don't happen to know how much it is there? Or any dates?

Thanks