PDA

View Full Version : how do i fit

newboy2thenova
23-07-04, 12:09 AM
my car has'nt got a rev gauage was lookin on motor-world site and found 1 i like but how do i wire it up any 1 got any ideas or fitted 1 them selfs

Al Wilson
23-07-04, 12:13 AM
You need to wire it up to the distributor if the car hasn't got the loom for it or you can't find it.

peester
23-07-04, 07:52 AM
any decent or in fact any rev counter will come with instructions to fit it; like al says it'll double up onto ya dizzy.

robb
23-07-04, 10:13 AM
Get a set of GSi or SR clocks and wire them up (or digi) they have a rev counter in and prob cheaper from a scrappy or someone on here. The wire you will be needing is a green one for revs, or run youre own one.

Paulbrown
23-07-04, 10:15 AM
its the green wire in your dash loom if that helps!!
but sr/gsi clock would work to!

robb
23-07-04, 11:46 AM
The wire you will be needing is a green one for revs

:roll:

Paulbrown
23-07-04, 02:37 PM
ok i didnt read it ALL sorry :oops:

newboy2thenova
25-07-04, 12:42 PM
ok then if i fit the sr clocks is it as easy as takin the connector block out the old 1 and fiting it in2 the new dash?? are is work involved

benji
25-07-04, 05:13 PM
they just plug in.

newboy2thenova
25-07-04, 05:59 PM
is the wire for the rev counter already there on the conecter blocks behind the dash as my car hasnt got 1 are do i need 2 wire 1 in so the sr clocks will work

nova_rally
25-07-04, 07:33 PM
That will depend on a few things:

1)Is your car Mk1 or Mk2
2) are the clocks from a mk1 or mk2
3) have you got the wore for the rev counter

Mk1 clocks wont fit into a mk2 without a lot of work but mk2 clocks will fit mk1s with a little less work.

If the wire isn't in your loom, the nyou need to connect the BROWN (usually looks black) that runs between your ditributor and your coil to the rev counter. On Mk1 clocks this is a little spade terminal, on mk2s it's part of the connector block but this can be overcome by undoing the nut on the back of the circuitry (top left on the rev counter when looking from the back of the clocks, i.e. at the circuitry not the dials) and screwing the end of the wire down to that.

Alan

newboy2thenova
25-07-04, 11:49 PM
hi m8 my car is a mk2 nova its a merit+ so doesnt come with rev counter can u give me any more info..goin 2 get mk2 clocks from a sri if i can find 1 any more help thnks

robb
26-07-04, 10:10 AM
Get some clocks from a scrappy and follow the above guidelines. As said SR and GSi will plug straight in but will have extra pins unused that would be used for revs, oil pressure (you wont have sender for this), etc. It does have a battery meter which will work tho.

Runnin the wire is simple as said above, but I thought it was the right hand connector on top of the coil, left pin (looking from king lead end)?? Just touch the wire and get a mate to tell you when it works.

Snowface
26-07-04, 06:12 PM
tacho's plug into the -ve on the coil, not the dizzy as far as i know.