PDA

View Full Version : security for my choons!

clive1312
22-07-04, 10:14 PM
ive got a pretty standard 1.2 nova on the outside but car full of sounds!! im getting a bit worried leaving it in car parks and just wonderin if any of u guys know any good alarms. Ive got an immobiliser already (cobra) but that nt gna stp the thievin scum runnin away with my sub!! any ideas as im a student i dont have a huge budget!!
Any comments??

Nick
22-07-04, 10:43 PM
If u want a good alarm you can't go wrong with a system such as CLifford or Cobra but you'l be paying 200+ i think you'l find.

To be honest, if they wanna take your sound system an alarm won't stop them.

I'm not sure about prices but i think deadlocking is as far as you can go to stop people getting into the car too easily.

Ever thought of securing your sub's/ amps in a way it makes it pretty hard to get them off, my amp is held onto the back of the rear seat with self tappers (about 10 of them - through the metal supports) and i also put a cunning alingment of metal clips that means u can only pull the amp off the seat , after doing the 10 screws, and it only comes off if u slide it in one direction.

if i were you, just make sure u park it in areas with CCTV, get some Stereo insurance cover (some alarms might cover you for your stereo? some of them give you your money back if ure car ge's stolen) and take ure stereo facia off whenever u leave the car.

clive1312
23-07-04, 03:26 PM
Cheers for the advice m8, i have the amp screwed into a fake mdf floor
so they are going to have to rip it off!! Also the sub is set into the wooden floor with metal clips underneath so cannot b lifted off!! finally i have a stealth shelf so cant see the 6 by 9s.

thanks.

novaexplod
23-07-04, 05:59 PM
i bolted my shelf onto the supports and the box to the floor to make sure, it mite be an idea to get window tints?? as 1 it stops them bein on show as much and 2 if they try n smash the window the tint usually holds the glass still in the gasket makin it harder to get ur arm thru the window.

Alex
23-07-04, 07:04 PM
you have spent a lot of money on "sounds" and not got security. Wouldn't it be a better idea to get security BEFORE putting valuable objects inside the car? Common sense.

whitty_nova_1300sr
24-07-04, 03:29 AM
I got a bit off an install(lots and lots of audiobahn), i have my alram set so when it goes off it will ring my fone :D :D, u could always flush ur tailgate make it a bit harder

novaexplod
24-07-04, 12:18 PM
delock it all round get a clifford alarm, window tints n bolt everythin down or try n hide it from view.

epo
24-07-04, 12:45 PM
and get it all insured :!:

LANKYPASS
29-07-04, 06:40 PM
some thieving scum of the earth nicked my system about a month ago. they took amp, bass box, 6x9s an cd player with the face-off not attatched. car wasnt alarmed so i might as well have given it all away. but there still isnt any need for it at the end of the day reallyis there!

now i have a alarm attatched to the car, cctv,HUGE flood light, and the drive is now graveled to make noise if any scum come back.

there is no point in telling the police if you have a system taken(they aint really interested), its best taking matters into your own hands if it happens, like i will when i find out who did this. so i would get as much security as possible like i have.

just a warning cus it really sends you off your head when it happens to you!

gary_1.2Merit
30-07-04, 01:36 PM
Does ne1 kno if there iz a sorta deadlock bolt that goes in the top ov the door? sum c**t bent the top ov me door out n pulled the pin up! me m8 got sum kinda bolt that goes in the top ov de door, n i woz wonderin if deres ne fin lyk dat for de nova. his woz special made 4om peaugot 4 his 106.

Alex
05-08-04, 03:34 PM
pardon?

Coddy
05-08-04, 04:07 PM
What alarm is the one thats set up to ring your phone when its going off?