PDA

View Full Version : my car's acting up :(

TRD_NOVA
22-07-04, 10:00 PM
sometimes when I drive, the car chuggs a bit, like there's not enough full going into it, I put the throttle down and it goes, "ur ur ur", even after 30 minutes of driving. I have to really flaw it to get her going, even when I go upto 20mph in first gear, and shift into second, still does it.

Does anyone have any idea on what's wrong. She's a 1.2L carbed engine.

newboy2thenova
22-07-04, 10:56 PM
hi m8 have u tryed cleaning the carb?? plugs n leads??

General Baxter
22-07-04, 10:59 PM
got a K&N?

mattm
23-07-04, 12:04 AM
Got a similer problem with my 1.4L. Ive got a K&N, tho mine is also a bitch to start aswell, and takes a few times to get her going... Also going up hills it struggles and chokes etc... Someone said that the choke on my carb is sticking??? Anyone shed light on this? Cheers

TRD_NOVA
23-07-04, 12:41 AM
no K&N, I got a 60s muscle car edition black thing :|

I bet my car is running very lean, no wonder it was sold for ?325. But I have no clue, im guessing this cus I need to have the choke out all the time so it doesn't do that, even after ages driving :|

robb
23-07-04, 11:11 AM
Check fuel pump then check condition of plugs against the table in the back of a haynes manual to give you an idea. Also
hi m8 have u tryed cleaning the carb?? could be it, although I have had a really old 1.8 with carb on and that was minging but still went very well.

TRD_NOVA
23-07-04, 06:02 PM
fuel pump?

It's a carbed engine, not fuel injected

Alpine99
26-07-04, 10:23 AM
my car does it all the time, coz its been ragged :!:

when driving put your clutch right the way down and floor it a couple of times, this cleans all the rubbish out of your carb.

nam
26-07-04, 10:31 AM
fuel pump?

It's a carbed engine, not fuel injected
its on the left hand side of the engine at the top mate sticks out from the top of the cam case, it works of your cam.

Nam

robb
26-07-04, 10:51 AM
Yep thats the one, it has a diaphragm thing iside which can split rendering the pump useless and not delivering enough pressure and fuel. I have a few spare if you are not too far from monmouth s england wales border.

Thinking about it I had a K&N on my 1.4 an this did it when it was raining hard. You may want to try cleaning the filter as it could be poor air flow. Mine was just gutless then you floor it for a while and would clear then go properly.