PDA

View Full Version : single wiper postioning

shanehandley
22-07-04, 04:54 PM
just had my mot and its failed on the single wipers postioning its sitting to the left of the srceen like most others but still failed where does it have to be to pass? does anyone have any legal quotes of where it should be postioned so can use it has proof

Al Wilson
22-07-04, 05:57 PM
If its on the passenger side as far as it can go it should pass. Its just when its in the centre position as it blocks the view in the MOT rulebook. Mine is a Storm kit but I presume they are all roughly the same or maybe some will 'sit' further down in the off position?

Jim
22-07-04, 06:16 PM
Try to get it to sit as far to the left and as low as you can. If they still fail it, it sounds to me like the MOT centre is being an arse, take it somewhere else.

Jim

epo
23-07-04, 07:39 PM
lol mine points stright down the middle and they failed it so i moved it to the passengers side they passed it sounds like there being a bunch of nobbers imo

Coddy
23-07-04, 10:34 PM
i got throught the mot with mine and its set about 15 cms from the seal on the passengers side

Philsutton
24-07-04, 08:25 PM
mine sits down the middle they failed me first year i had it but not the second but i dont really give a f**k as it sits down the middle all the time. I cant see it can stop you seeing out the window

Gazza14SR
24-07-04, 11:50 PM
Mine sits just above the tax disc holder on the left and the sweep covers to the opposite side of the windsceen.

Passed MOT fine.

Chris
25-07-04, 10:01 AM
just to be different I position mine on the drivers side. For the reason that when you are using the wipers when the wiper comes over then goes back, the water that the wiper has pushed down goes back up the windscreen, so I park mine on the drivers side. It is lower enough not the obstruct the visibility

Chris

Jim
25-07-04, 06:46 PM
Mine sits just above the tax disc holder on the left and the sweep covers to the opposite side of the windsceen.

This is where I have mine positioned too.

Jim