PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 Carb Filter/other engine mods?

Cassie-Nova
21-07-04, 10:43 PM
Gettin a new job and have a couple of hundred quid knocking about spare that i thought would need to tie me over so am thinking of doing some engine mods.....I knows it a crappy 1.2 but hey, im 18 and insurance on that is just over ?1,600!

Been looking into the K & N Air filters, bolt on carb ones, ?57.99 in my motorworld mag...seems a bit pricey? Or is that about right? Is there any other types of carb filters that would be better to get? And where to get them from please?

I have already replaced the Distributor Cap, Spark Plugs and HT Leads and have the brakes changed - later braking into corners etc was the thought i had.

What else could I do though? I had a look under the car earlier and the exhaust system is looking as if a swift kick would make it crumble, heavy duty rust! So i dont think a BBox would be a good idea? I think i read on here about getting the full system from an SR for a gain in BHP or a company called Ashley Exhausts?

Cheers guys!

Ste_Nova
21-07-04, 10:59 PM
stick to standard looking parts so you don't have to tell the ins ;)

get a 2e3 1.3 carb and inlet (and all pipes and acc cable)
use standard 1.3 filter with a cold air duct and k&n element

and sr/gte/gsi full exhaust

will end up with change from ?200

you have a bit more get the full system from http://www.eurorallye.co.uk mild steel and no silly tail pipe so it was fitted when you got it and you thought it was standard ;)

Nova New : NEW Nova 2 twin box competition exhaust system, suits 4-1 manifold (photo) ?95
Nova New : NEW Nova 4 branch 4 -1 exhaust manifold, suit 1300 or 1600, including VAT (photo) ?90

nam
21-07-04, 11:32 PM
sounds like a good place that ste, may have to look in to getting some new bits for mine from there.