PDA

View Full Version : Turbo for Astra GSI

jnr600
21-07-04, 09:08 PM
Is it possible to attach turbo for astra gsi 2.0 8V 85kW. Do i need special pistons or some other special details? Iwould like to attach calibra's turbo to my astra.Does anyone know somthing about this and isit possible. It would be nice if you share your knowlodge with my. Thanks

TRD_NOVA
21-07-04, 10:32 PM
um, I don't know, but it maybe cheaper just to get a 2.0L 16v turbo engine... I don't know

david dixon
22-07-04, 06:05 PM
You can buy a 1.8mm steel head gasket from regal this saves you using low compression pistons only thing is you'll have to either run a uni-chip to take over the signals from your standard ecu or buy a new loom and ecu, plus either way you going to need a boost control valve like the calibra turbo uses or a apexi boost controller.
Bigger injectors or upping the fuel pressure by a adjustable regulator will be needed or you'll have melt down at high boost or revs!
Stronger big end bolts will be a must.
There is plenty to think about before doing something like this, my opinion is to use a calibra turbo engine but thats just my advise, you could do a 2.0 8v turbo like angry turbo's did 11.33 1/4 mile!

www.angryturbo.co.uk