PDA

View Full Version : constant live?

LukeManic
21-07-04, 08:49 PM
do the nova's ISO have this ready? As i have connected my new HU up today and everything seems fine apart from I loose all the settings when ignition is off. :(

LukeManic
21-07-04, 09:32 PM
sorry that was a bit of a brief explaination. Ive being reading past posts about this swappin red and yellow wires over :?

but this hu want cheap so i dont fancy taking any risks. I have a K reg nova with the standard ISO all in workin order as far as I know but the HU looses its settings once the ignition is turned off. Is it a simple case of unpluging the red wire and yellow wire and swapping them around? It's an Alpine HU so has male and female connectors betten the wires so swapping them would be simple, just worried things may go up in smoke. :cry:

Stokie_Dave
21-07-04, 09:57 PM
Thats what I did on t'missus' Nova so I assume it's safe.. still works :D lol

music junky
21-07-04, 10:45 PM
Look you need to get a multi meter! if the wireing on the iso is wrong ? then you can swap some wires over.
A multi metre will tell you what wire is a perm live and will aslo tell you what wire is the ignition wire.
Never take a chance and blow you ice up :-)

Cassie-Nova
22-07-04, 05:14 PM
Why not just have two perm lives? Got both mine coming off the clock, works a treat....dont use the radio though as no aerial yet but it saves allmy EQ settings so.....

novaexplod
22-07-04, 06:08 PM
u just need to change over the memory wire (orange) with the live wire (red) just switch the plugs over.so it will be orange to red and red to orange dependin on ur colours on ur iso. make sure u have the memory wire and the live tho.

novaexplod
22-07-04, 06:13 PM
or the yellow wire (memory) in ur case, soz didnt read ur 2nd post

Chris
07-08-04, 03:18 PM
the two live wires should have bullet connectors on so they can be changed easily so they can be adapted for different cars easily.

Tank2
20-09-04, 12:31 AM
do the nova's ISO have this ready? As i have connected my new HU up today and everything seems fine apart from I loose all the settings when ignition is off. :(

switch the yellow and red the other way round, i have the same prob in my nova, so i have linked up the yellow cable to the red cable and the red to the yellow, and have heard most vauxhalls r like that...

so that should work for you

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=2127
Leave me some comments and suggestions

Phil_G
20-09-04, 11:15 AM
Hi,

if your head unit is ISO ready (as are some JVC for eg) then you will need to either swop permanant/switched live in the iso block as stated or you can buy an adaptor for a tenner or so that saves the messing about and just plugs right in.

phil