PDA

View Full Version : Brakes and digi dash..

snapper
21-07-04, 04:41 PM
right, i'm having a lot of bother with my digi dash at the moment. i can't get the effin speedo to work :evil: ! everything's connected up as per instructions ie. blue/red - blue/red, brown - brown (earth), black - black (live). i can get a 12v reading on the black wire transducer end. could it be bollocksed?

and my brakes are fairly squishy. bled them once using a dodgy looking one man kit, but they aren't much better if at all. better to bleed all the fluid out and replace? :?

cheers

Will F
21-07-04, 04:43 PM
Probably incorrect tranceducer for the clocks.

There are 4 different types I believe.

Aragorn
22-07-04, 12:50 AM
wrong transducer would still give a reading

just the wrong one

get another transducer - if its AH coded and the dash is 8v type u can use a nova 1.2i AA sender

snapper
22-07-04, 07:40 AM
transducer says AK on it and it's an 8v dash (with a tick for rev counter). any places to get a replacement cheapish?

robb
22-07-04, 09:24 AM
Apart from a scrappy you can get them new from Vaux for ?50 + VAT the AH one anyway. I did have an old one which I may be able to find for u.

snapper
22-07-04, 11:31 PM
Apart from a scrappy you can get them new from Vaux for ?50 + VAT the AH one anyway. I did have an old one which I may be able to find for u.

had a look round the local scrappy(s) and out of the 3 Astra GTE's i found, everything had already been robbed out of them :evil:

if you could find that transducer for me, i'd be very greatful and pay you handsomely :D