PDA

View Full Version : Halfords

music junky
20-07-04, 11:34 PM
My local store in Halifax have got Alpine cd players Jbl amps and top of the range audio equipment to come soon!
They had redone all the old display and had all the new cd mp3 players with fancy displays on show.
I couldant belive how much equipment they are buying in to temp us away from out local car audio dealerships.
And beat any shop price, what are they up too ?

Alpine99
21-07-04, 11:32 AM
i would never buy any thing from halfords before looking at the local motor world,

examples: jbl 12" sud in halfods is ?100 - same sub in motor world is ?50.

box cloth, same size - halfords ?23 - Motor World ?15

700 watt amp wiring kit - halfords ?30 - Motor World ?20

u get the idea? :P

novaexplod
21-07-04, 07:15 PM
yeh n also halfords customer service advice on stereo stuff is usually bo**ox as well, n they dont seem to know what there on about, that mite be just my local store tho. :?

peester
21-07-04, 10:18 PM
yeh n also halfords customer service advice on stereo stuff is usually bo**ox as well, n they dont seem to know what there on about, that mite be just my local store tho. :?

what ya wanna know mate? they all play music. done. buy the one that looks nicest. bugger all difference.

Alpine99
22-07-04, 01:52 PM
aye, this one is better because it is double the price of that one....

you got better chance of getting a durex on a elephant than getting some useful infomation out of halford's staff.

music junky
22-07-04, 03:08 PM
Yes they keep trying to sell me xplod crap! And probley get commision on what they try sell me.
Ive found a new ice shop and im thinking of buying new components from there.
We all started as newbies and bought crap from Halfords until we saw the light :-).
Anyways no more shit from Halfords and paying double what i would normally pay.
Cheers guys Daz

Stuart
22-07-04, 03:43 PM
ffs your such a bunch of idiots

if you know what your byuing then you can "win" at halfords. i got a new set of infinity 6*9's from there for half the price they should ahve been listed for (and that was before they went on display lol)

ive had headunits form them, and i told them im not paying what was on the tag.

you have to be a bit push and cheeky, but not an ass.

who cares where you buiy it from, provided its what you want and how much you wanted to pay for it

i mean if you found a plasma tv in an oxfam shop you'd buy it despite having to go intoa charity shop.

so stop being flid and buy from where ever you see fit according to your budget and spec requirements.

Alex
22-07-04, 03:55 PM
whoooeee
you lot brought camb out of ICE retirement for a bit then
You must have wound him up

cmab, get back to that old peoples home

Cassie-Nova
22-07-04, 05:11 PM
i mean if you found a plasma tv in an oxfam shop you'd buy it despite having to go intoa charity shop. I gota agree there...

I must admit, my 6x9s and my CD/MP3 HU were from Nettos....?75 all in all.....and my chrome gearknob was from Lidls....No complaints from me, cheap and cheerful ;)

I must say though, the ppl at halfords did tell me a load of crap when i enquired about the ISO connector i needed and gave me a universal one...which obviously didn't fit and cost ?15.00....got the right one for ?5 from Nexxia....but then when asking about the Spark Plugs (NEWB :)) they were very helpful so.... evens it out i suppose, guess it depends on the individual members of staff in terms of their knowledge and helpfulness.....

novaexplod
22-07-04, 06:26 PM
well i wasnt askin a difficult question wen i went in last, i asked cud u tell me how many pre outs this unit had and the guy looked at me as if he didnt know wot i was on about n didnt give a straight answer either.

Nick
22-07-04, 10:55 PM
sometimes you get someone who knows what there on about, in my local store the guy who works there has BMW 3 series that was at MAX power live last year and he does know what he's on about

Stop being so lazy, if ure fed up of "being told crap" then go find out for yourself on t'internet or read up about things and you'l understand it alot more. BEcause to be honest, any shop you go in, they'l either be trying to rip you off, sell you something they want to or make u buy something (except for a few exceptions).