PDA

View Full Version : steering

novadose82
20-07-04, 04:18 PM
hi my car has started feeling abit strange, it sort of feels like when you,ve got wide tyres on and it pulls but its doin that 10times worse its got 195/45/15s on so i know it will feel abit differant. It pulls to the left constantly (had the tracking and balancing done) it feels really sloppy and like something is,nt tight enough! the steering racks been changed that got rid of a knocking nosie i used to get but nothing else, track rod ends have been changed. dont know if i,ve explained that very well but any ideas plez let me know thanx! :)

m.d.
20-07-04, 04:27 PM
sounds like either your bushes have warn or like many novas do the front tie rod has caused where it meets the chassis rail allong the front to split allong the seam. its quite a simple job to be welded and wont cost you much more than 20 quid. unless you can do it yourself

novadose82
20-07-04, 04:34 PM
thanx! would that be somthing a garage should notice? i,ve had it at 4 differant places and no one can find anything, they,ve all driven it and said it dosent feel right but dont know :x i,ll mention this tho and see wot they say :)

m.d.
20-07-04, 04:41 PM
yeah look for a crack arround the seam where the 3 bolts hold the front of the tie rod on just under the rad you wont miss it if you have

novadose82
20-07-04, 04:48 PM
ok thanx :D