PDA

View Full Version : Shocker info needed!

vivaboy
19-07-04, 10:15 PM
Help! One of my front shockers rotted through the other day whilst I was driving, the spring nearly dropped right down!!

I've got the old one off but the guy at the dealers needs to know which code the shocker is. His list of codes were S2, S3, S4.

The only code I can find is "SB" and a number which doesn't look much like a part number as it is 22008163.

The car is a bog stock 1200, 1984 2 door. I don't really want to go as far as a handling kit but need to get it done quick as I move house on Saturday!

Any help gratefully received.

Steve

DirtyDave
20-07-04, 12:23 AM
I WOULDN'T THINK THERE IS ANY DIFFERENCE IS THERE, i would go to a motor factors and get them.
don't forget u really ought to do both shockers otherwise ure gonna have dodgy handleing, cornering, and braking!!

m.d.
20-07-04, 04:24 PM
get gte/gsi ones while you are at it as they are more heavily damped and will make the car handle better (stiffer)

General Baxter
20-07-04, 05:23 PM
bing!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10404&item=2484475935&rd=1

vivaboy
20-07-04, 09:53 PM
Well thanks for the replies / advice, but DOH!!! Just seen the ebay shockers but have now ordered the items from Vauxhall. ?53 inc. VAT.

The "S" rating is for the stiffness of the shocks apparently, though I don't know if the stiffness gets higher with the number, or the other way round.

Cheers all

Steve