PDA

View Full Version : What are the best coilovers?

SKoob
19-07-04, 04:45 PM
I'm working full time now so the moneys starting to roll in and I feel like getting some coilovers. What are your recommendations?

Philsutton
19-07-04, 04:51 PM
i'd recommend avo but then again thats the only suspension i use so its not really an opinion, but they do their job well.

-Bruce-
19-07-04, 05:06 PM
there is a set of avo coilovers in the for sale forum!! 200 for will foy!!
not bad deal like

bruce

SKoob
19-07-04, 05:07 PM
would prefer brand spankers tbh 8)

-Bruce-
19-07-04, 05:13 PM
ok mate just thought i would let u know!!

bruce

Breeny
19-07-04, 05:23 PM
Ask Rick about his love of Avo lol

I guess there ok for a kinda budget coilover upgrade, mine always bottomed out (but that was probably down to the weight of the engine) and the top adjusters are made of quite soft metal so just turn to mush after a while - not allowing you to adjust them at all.

If you get the kit with the rear coilovers then be prepared for them not to fit lol - Cp is probably the best to talk to, he uses them as they should be used so will be of greater help :)

Jules
19-07-04, 05:33 PM
I rate Avo down with PowerBlow - they suck.
And I speak from personal experience.
:evil:

Al Wilson
19-07-04, 06:40 PM
Avo's have never given me any trouble but I only have them at the front.

SKoob
19-07-04, 07:54 PM
right so seems avo are to be avoided :lol: um any ppl here who were happy with the coilovers they had? oh if any of you don't know its a 1.3SR not a 2l so is quite light.

krobinson
19-07-04, 08:51 PM
I've good and bad reports about Avo's!

Are there any other coilovers for the rear that use the same setup as the Avo's?

Keith

SKoob
19-07-04, 08:52 PM
any info on FK? a m8s got them on his corsa, but dunno if it would be simialr handling on a nova?

beatin u
19-07-04, 09:01 PM
http://www.ledasuspension.co.uk/

the only way

Rick Draper
19-07-04, 09:02 PM
any info on FK? a m8s got them on his corsa, but dunno if it would be simialr handling on a nova?

FK's seem very good, the rear is height adjustable on the beam which is a good idea and they seem better made than the Avos, well worth the extra cash IMHO.

If you looking for the best i would go for Ledas like mine or Proflex, but dont expect any change from ?2k! Rick

krobinson
19-07-04, 09:23 PM
Alex run's FK's, however PVD send him the wrong spring setup for a 2.0L, so its a little soft! But they seem to be a very good coilover!

FK Coilovers, forget about fitting the rear adjuster, coilsprings.co.uk = low car :D

Keith

Anonymous
20-07-04, 10:22 AM
Koni Coilovers, Leda, FK or even Spax are a good buy.

Leda are the daddies in my personal opinion, But ifyour after a good set try FK as they use Koni internals.

I have them on my Golf and Have no complaints apart from the ride being a lil harsh at times

Stuart
20-07-04, 11:23 AM
also look at KV (or KW cant remember as i was in germany so V and W sound opposite when they get converted)

VERY VERY nice CO's

there is also a company in germany called vogtland i got their catologue, they supply to NASCAR so they must be sort of good lol.

OR make your own ;-) its easy from the look of it

SKoob
20-07-04, 02:08 PM
i don't fancy putting putting my life in my own hands :lol: