PDA

View Full Version : anything???

NoVa_KhAn
19-07-04, 12:38 AM
2 a 1litre 2 make it more faster and responsive?

apart from a kN n and zorst???

burgo
19-07-04, 01:02 AM
ill warn u now ur gonna get alot of posts sayin why bother put a bigger engine in it and this bollocks but as i kno this aint an option to alot of ppl and ur best off goin down the usual route of bigger carb then head work and strip ya car out to make it lighter

epo
19-07-04, 08:55 AM
better brakes
i asume uve lowered it
cam aswell
better exhaust and manifold
also to save weight u cud get fiberglass wings tailgate bonnet
more areo dianamic wing mirrors ect

NoVa_KhAn
19-07-04, 11:20 AM
lol yeh forgot 2 mention ive got a loada convictions so cant put a bigger engine in,

epo yeh the car has been lowerd by 40

wat brakes u reckon i should get?

burgo wat carb u reckon 2 get? and wat do u mean by head work? like gettin it skimmed?

thanks 4 ur help lads

Dave
19-07-04, 11:54 AM
there are a few options availiable like said cam, headwork (skimming porting + polishing), adding biger carb or ecu/injectors (depending on what it is)

a 2.0 16v ate brake conversion will allow you to brake later an save you journey time but bigger wheels will be required (if you haven't already)

at the end of the day all these options will cost a fair ammount unless they can be sourced cheaply from breakers yard.

it may be cheaper lookin in to a 1.2 conversion. way up the options of insurance cost against cost of mods to the 1.0
the 1.2 is still a small engine and resonably insurance friendly but as people have proved these engines are quite nippy! and with so many people doing the 1.4 and bigger conversions from these there must be a few sitting about an can be picked up cheaply