PDA

View Full Version : twin 40's filters

5door_racer
16-07-04, 10:53 PM
i fitted twin 40's to a mk1 1.3 but am struggling to find filters to fit ti. the k&n one's don't fit as the base plates over lap.

anyone know where i can get some?

J4MES
16-07-04, 10:56 PM
get foam filters, better airflow, and they fit...

5door_racer
16-07-04, 10:57 PM
where can i get them from

sTuDeNt
16-07-04, 11:23 PM
where can i get them from

Halfords... :lol:

EBay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
17-07-04, 04:58 PM
i never ran them on mine, personally i think some of the filters restrict air flow too much, but thats just me

MechaT
17-07-04, 07:57 PM
i never ran them on mine, personally i think some of the filters restrict air flow too much, but thats just me

Good idea, get moths and shit stuck in the engine

5_door owner
17-07-04, 10:07 PM
rob the missus of sum tights and sum elastic bands, no moths an shit but still the power/flow

may look shit though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
17-07-04, 10:22 PM
never had any trouble sucking in small animals, neither has anyone else i no thats had twin carbs, but its your decision to whether you want to just in case

epo
17-07-04, 10:30 PM
never had any trouble sucking in small animals, neither has anyone else i no thats had twin carbs, but its your decision to whether you want to just in case

lol can see it now mice birds and even cats gettin sucked through :lol:

MechaT
18-07-04, 03:53 PM
rob the missus of sum tights and sum elastic bands, no moths an s**t but still the power/flow

may look s**t though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: That's the exact same idea I had to last me until I could afford some proper air filters. My girlfriend only has fishnets though :?

I'll be getting black tights, red ones would just be slutty...

epo
18-07-04, 04:25 PM
rob the missus of sum tights and sum elastic bands, no moths an s**t but still the power/flow

may look s**t though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: That's the exact same idea I had to last me until I could afford some proper air filters. My girlfriend only has fishnets though :?

I'll be getting black tights, red ones would just be slutty...

kinky bitch :lol:

Snowface
18-07-04, 04:55 PM
lol, air filters like ram air and k&n do not restrict airflow. they filter it, hence the name.

you won't gain any power or torque by not fitting filters!

benji
18-07-04, 11:47 PM
when i put mine in a hedge, it swallowed half a forest down my carb's. so i got some mesh used for bodywork filling and folded it round my trumpets, but i lost 2 of them at donnington so i took the other 2 off.