PDA

View Full Version : Smoothing Boot With Blanking Panel

SPL-X
16-07-04, 09:23 PM
hey guys has anyone had any experience with installign the blanking panel for the boot of the nova ? if so could u help plz thanks

J4MES
16-07-04, 09:52 PM
is that the fibre glass one, from super novas, or a metal blanking plate...

SPL-X
16-07-04, 10:48 PM
im assuming fibreglass for 45 quid lol

General Baxter
16-07-04, 10:56 PM
you got some work on your hands buddy, got loads of filler and sand paper?

SPL-X
16-07-04, 11:09 PM
cant I just no more nails it or fibreglass attach it coz its a blanking plate so there for all I need to do is spray it and attach it :D so what I could do is fibreglass loads of bolts and screw thru the boot and bolt it on :D and fil around the edges

General Baxter
16-07-04, 11:10 PM
but you have to smooth the top bits on to make it look good

if you look at my Feature you can see in one of the picutres where iv smoothed it on

Adam
17-07-04, 12:22 AM
cant I just no more nails it or fibreglass attach it coz its a blanking plate so there for all I need to do is spray it and attach it :D so what I could do is fibreglass loads of bolts and screw thru the boot and bolt it on :D and fil around the edges
And you have to fill the gap between the panel and boot with expanding foam or summit or else the panel flexes in.

badnova
17-07-04, 12:35 AM
looks at my feature
you will see what they mean

J4MES
17-07-04, 12:49 AM
don't use too muck filler cus otherwise it will crack when you slam it!!!

badnova
17-07-04, 12:51 AM
simple
dont slam it

DazK
17-07-04, 02:22 AM
blanking panel is a bodge in my opinion

i could slam my welded flushed boot all day long. and it wouldnt crack

blanking panel is fibreglass therefore CRAP.

from many blanking panel flushed tailgates iv seen, they arent completly flat. they seem to bulge outwards slightly. which sort of defeats the whole point of a flushed tailgate... :roll:

also, they seem to require alteration in some way or another. i'd AT LEAST expect it to fit straight on with NO alteration for 45 of ur finest english pounds!

and then theres the smoothing in aspect. easier if ur using a wrap-round MK1 spoiler as this will cover the joins, if not ur gonna need to smooth the ba$tard in and hope it dont crack..

get a welded one, or weld one up urself Click HERE Mofo (http://www.tws.serveftp.net/novaland/howto/database/NovaUk%20Flushing_Tailgate%20Page.htm) :)

SPL-X
17-07-04, 07:57 AM
ive got a gte spoiler so therefore wont need to smooth it and the idea is fibreglass about 10 bolts on the back of it like u say fill the resess underneed then bolt the panel on really tight and hey presto :D then just smoouth in the bits I need to

badnova
17-07-04, 09:27 AM
i think you will fiind it much easier to use tigar seal to put the panel on