PDA

View Full Version : Fog light weirdness.......

dan-hipgrave
15-07-04, 06:08 PM
I just fitted clear rear clusters to my car today and when testing them found that when my foglight is on, so is the brakelight on the other cluster...dunno if this is another weird Vauxhall thing, or if my car has some dodgy wiring, but how can i stop this from happening. I have spoken to my mate about it and he said that it aint normal and that it will also be an MOT fail....

The brakelight also works as normal when the brake pedal is pressed.

dan-hipgrave
15-07-04, 08:58 PM
no one got any idea what could be causing it????

burgo
15-07-04, 09:31 PM
try puttin ya old ones back in and see if it still does it if it does ya wirin has gone weird somewhere mate if it dont then it must b a prob with the lights

dan-hipgrave
15-07-04, 09:36 PM
will try that tommorrow mate and let you know, but i think thats there is a problem with the wiring somewhere which is weird cos it must be the only wiring i havent touched on the car.

Does anyone know if its an MOT fail, becuase if not i may just leave it like that, i have owned my car for over a year now and havent used the foglights before, hence only just found this problem..

burgo
15-07-04, 09:38 PM
i would think it is a MOT fail mate unfortunetly not sure how to sort it tho

newboy2thenova
15-07-04, 11:20 PM
hi was the clear rears e-marked as the brake light u seeing could actuly be a fog light for a european car e.g fog light on opposite side over there if u get me

burgo
16-07-04, 01:01 AM
gd point newboy gd job some1's got a brain

dan-hipgrave
16-07-04, 01:55 PM
No its not mate, because none of the wiring has changed, and it was the same when i put my old clusters on, even though i knew it would be because when fitting the clear rears all i did was fit the new bulbs and clear covers.
It must be a wiring fault somewhere but i havent touched the wiring for the lights at all, and have no idea what it could be, also why does only one brake light come on the passenger side cluster and not the brake light on the other cluster?????
Has anybody else had this problem cos i am really stuck as to what it could be.

General Baxter
16-07-04, 02:01 PM
iv had this kinda problem!

the way i fixed it had nothing to do with the lights

you now that little cable that runs under the back seats (the fuel), that wire had broken and was touching the body work, put it back together and all the lights work ok

dan-hipgrave
16-07-04, 04:17 PM
ok cheers for that mate, i will have to look for any broken wires then. That would explain the electric shocks that i sometimes get off the drivers door as well..... :lol:

General Baxter
16-07-04, 04:20 PM
lol, my mum gets that aswell