PDA

View Full Version : td engine mounts

DirtyDave
15-07-04, 05:36 PM
rite i am gettin cheesed of wit this car i've had it 3 weeks, lowered it and it handles like a bag of sh*t and now the engine mount has snapped and i can't drive the thing, :evil: so my question is does anyone no if changing the o/s mount is difficult? its the one that goes from the chassis to the cambelt area of the engine?
any help would be great.

:wink: dave

Ste_Nova
15-07-04, 06:38 PM
no but they are prone to snapping the bolts that go into the block

fill the mount with tigerseal then use new bolts

DirtyDave
22-07-04, 12:56 PM
well its turned out to be the bolts that have snapped! so does anyone no a trick in which to get them out bearing in mind they have snapped flush with the block and there is bog all space to get a drill in there?
any ideas would be great coz im getting angry not havibg a car and livin in the middle of no where.
thanx
Dave

un1eash
25-07-04, 06:56 PM
The same thing happened to me, its a real pain in the arse to get the mount bk in. To get the bolts out a mate of mine welded nuts onto the snapped bolt then you just unscrew the bolt(you need to know a good welder). Tryin to get the mount bk in is a pain, with mine we had to jack the engine up as much as possible to try and squeese the mount back into the chassie, its a very very very tight fit n watch those fingers. Good time to change the timing belt!!