PDA

View Full Version : C20LET CONVERSION...STUFF NEEDED?

irmscherkris
15-07-04, 03:26 PM
DOING A TURBO CONVERSION TO MY NOVA BUT NEED TO KNOW WHAT OFF THE CALIBRA I WILL NEED. GOT AN F20 FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH BUT ON THE ENGINE SIDE OF IT NOT TO SURE ANYONE DONE THIS?

Chris
15-07-04, 03:30 PM
you need everything mate. Engine, Loom, ECU, turbo, piping, Intercooler etc.. Also F20/16 box

Philsutton
15-07-04, 04:01 PM
take the brakes as well

jim sri
17-07-04, 04:49 PM
brakes will be 5stud 284mm's. you can use these but they'll need re-drilling to suit 4stud. (just take the discs+a hub or a 4stud disc to an engineering place and they wil be able to do it. i fitted the 6 speed box in mine too, worthwhile spending a bit of extra time/money fitting it now because f20's/f16's get killed by the torque of the LET and you'll be changing gearboxes. also 6 gears is needed on the LET for motorways, you'll be caining the nuts off it in 5th, and they have so much more to go after 5th gear!
std ic will only fit if you get a nova td radiator fan, or do as i did and make a custom fan (using cav/cally turbo air-con fan (slimline)). might wana think bout geting an aftermarket larger intercooler mounted in the bumper, because the extra heat generated by the turbo is accentuated by the fact the engine bay is so cramped, and the standard cooler is shite anyway.
otherthan that you need engine, loom, ecu, all pipework etc.

Riggy
17-07-04, 08:16 PM
or you could use a metro gti rad fan :D :D :D